• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone quitting the cigs this year.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone quitting the cigs this year.

I can heartily (no pun intended) recommend the nicorette inhaler.

I gave up 22nd DEcember 1989. And I still miss it.

Comment

Starting today and reading the instructions for the inhaler right now as I smoke my last ciggie.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Let me know if the inhaler is any good. I couldn't get patches this morning so I have a 10 deck Not too happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
          I can heartily (no pun intended) recommend the nicorette inhaler.
          You mean for when real smoking is tricky, like on the train?

Don't some pubs sell 'fake cigarettes' complete with glowing LED tip?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Good luck to everyone quitting the filth sticks.

I remember starting threads a couple of years ago saying that I was going to quit...it seems like yesterday really! Been off 18 months now and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

No matter how hard you think it is, stick with it. It IS possible.

And if some fat gcse-level geordie lass can pack them in, you lot can!

Good luck,
            Sal
            x x x
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              some fat gcse-level geordie lass
              Who is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Who is this?
                Ahhhhhh
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Well I've heard some good stories using the inhaler. One friend of mine use to be on 40+ roll ups a day. You literally never saw him without a stub in his mouth.

He quit first time using the inhaler.

I've used it in the past when visiting my in-laws in Japan and it really did take the edge of the urges and I never missed the cigs. I actually wonder why I started again when I came back home.

Comment

Well, I have given up smoking more times than some people have had hot dinners, and so am something of an authority on the subject

I wouldn't use patches again. Although they did stop me lighting up while I was wearing them, once I had finished the course, gradually cutting the doses down over the period of a few months, I quite fancied a cigarette and started again.

The patches are giving you a constant supply of nicotine into your bloodstream over the course of the day and this is not how you would be taking nicotine in if you were smoking. They also gave me odd dreams.

I found that the "quick hit" you get from lozenges is the best way to replace the cigs. Mrs Gonzo also found the inhaler useful when she was at the pub.

But absolutely no substitute will work unless you genuinely want to stop.

Comment

Working...
                    X