• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Award for Bliar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award for Bliar

Today's entry in the "you couldn't make it up" category

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7812811.stm
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

I am not suprised : he spent years doing everything USA asked and got little in return.

Not sure why UK does not try him for treason.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
      each medal is individually designed and minted and it was reported it was taking some time to decide on the words and images.
      Maybe a picture of Blair bending over and taking it from the yanks?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post

Excuse me while I go vomit....
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Nice one - How's that middle east peace thingy going anyway? OK? Making progress are we? Everyone happy? All peace & love now is it?
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
            Nice one - How's that middle east peace thingy going anyway? OK? Making progress are we? Everyone happy? All peace & love now is it?
            "Tone" will be as competent and successful at this as he is/was at being PM.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post

In his last week in office, President Bush will award the medal to Mr Blair, former Australian PM John Howard and Colombian President Alvaro Uribe.
              I know my mate from Oz thinks of John Howard in much the same way as we think of Blair, not only on the subject of Iraq, but things domestic. As for Colombia, aren't the Yanks supposed to hate them for all the drugs coming from there?
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

The picture on the medal should be of a general in an armchair, and as its from the yanks, the coloring should be blue on blue

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  That's the best impression of "Stewie" from "Family Guy" I've heard all day!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    That's the best impression of "Stewie" from "Family Guy" I've heard all day!
                    Nice spot - I was going for the Stewie effect (having a go at Brian re: Novel).
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X