• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Million Dollar Traders BBC2 review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    I hate the idea that if you're not there at 7am, work solidly all day and are the last to leave you are pulling your weight.
    I realised this many years ago. In came the extremely highly paid Yank who demanded that the managers at clientco should work a 60 hour week. That might work on a production line, but it doesn't work with iT if you are constantly tired and making mistakes.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
      Ambling in late, I've only just managed to watch this on iPlayer.

I can't believe they sat there watching the screens - surely mentally that was the worst thing they could do?

Either way, I hate environments like that - whilst I love the idea about information-sifting and trying to make good judgement calls, I hate the idea that if you're not there at 7am, work solidly all day and are the last to leave you are pulling your weight.

And what sort of an arse throws someone in that situation and then says "who on earth cries for an hour and a half"? Someone under pressure, that's who. No wonder so many of them burn out if emotion is off the radar too.
      I just asked Mrs BP. She says it is almost impossible for a girl to cry for 90 minutes!

Comment

What they should have done was run a parallel experiment with a group of equally selected numpties and sent em to a bookies!

Comment

Was speaking to somebody this morning : apparently a similar expirement was conducted on wall street 40 years ago!

Conclusion was you can teach almost anyone to make money trading : but certain types will always be better than others.

Comment

No Sh*t Sherlock!

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Conclusion was you can teach almost anyone to make money trading : but certain types will always be better than others.
            almost anything

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Was speaking to somebody this morning : apparently a similar expirement was conducted on wall street 40 years ago!

I think I just found a link to the expirement - http://www.investopedia.com/articles...le-trading.asp

Comment

Sadly Michael "Mike" Tovell passed away 28th Feb 2019. 2 days short of his 47th birthday. His funeral is Tuesday 2nd April and a memorial will be held at Sandhurst Friday 5th April.

He was head boy at school. Left Cambridge university as a lawyer(and he rowed twice for Cambridge, once captaining the lightweights, and very nearly was a full light blue only stopped by an unfortunate incident the night before the trials). Joined the paratroopers on the fast track to the top but could not stand the lack of morality of the government towards the forces. He there earned the nickname Trigger(not due to Roy Rogers horse or the only fools and horses character) due to his incredible marksman skills. He turned down the SAS, leaving on day 17 of selection to the disgust of the selection officers.

After million dollar trader he wanted to do more reality TV, but was told he was too intelligent. Towards the end he was working on a revolutionary fitness idea.

I remember a couple of years ago I was under attack by three of the most deadly adversaries I know - my children. I was in a dangerous place - Facebook. Mike bravely stepped in and rescued me. A true legend, never afraid.

When he died he was happy to be gone. His death was a huge shock. He still had a huge amount to offer.

Its odd how someone who had achieved so much and still had so much to offer could not see it.

Its not getting what you want. Its wanting what you have got. Easy to say - difficult to do.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  Sadly Michael "Mike" Tovell passed away 28th Feb 2019. 2 days short of his 47th birthday. His funeral is Tuesday 2nd April and a memorial will be held at Sandhurst Friday 5th April.

He was head boy at school. Left Cambridge university as a lawyer(and he rowed twice for Cambridge, once captaining the lightweights, and very nearly was a full light blue only stopped by an unfortunate incident the night before the trials). Joined the paratroopers on the fast track to the top but could not stand the lack of morality of the government towards the forces. He there earned the nickname Trigger(not due to Roy Rogers horse or the only fools and horses character) due to his incredible marksman skills. He turned down the SAS, leaving on day 17 of selection to the disgust of the selection officers.

After million dollar trader he wanted to do more reality TV, but was told he was too intelligent. Towards the end he was working on a revolutionary fitness idea.

I remember a couple of years ago I was under attack by three of the most deadly adversaries I know - my children. I was in a dangerous place - Facebook. Mike bravely stepped in and rescued me. A true legend, never afraid.

When he died he was happy to be gone. His death was a huge shock. He still had a huge amount to offer.

Its odd how someone who had achieved so much and still had so much to offer could not see it.

Its not getting what you want. Its wanting what you have got. Easy to say - difficult to do.
                  Damn.

Comment

Your posts got a year long filler or something??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X