• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come in Number 6 your time is up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come in Number 6 your time is up...

Patrick McGoohan has popped his clogs at 80.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7829267.stm
    Last edited by zeitghost; 14 January 2009, 18:51.

Look on the bright side, at least he'll find out who "number 1" is now!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Look on the bright side, at least he'll find out who "number 1" is now!
      It's funny, as I get older I try to behave better towards my common man, and "put a little back". But I'm erring more and more towards the viewpoint that oblivion awaits us all. Still, sad to hear of the Prisoner checking out.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

He was also in 'The Man from Uncle' which was one of my favourite programmes from the 60s.

RIP Patrick.

Comment

Damn! Such a cool guy.

"Be seeing you!"

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Finally caught by that bouncing ball.
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I've just had visions of Alastair Darling (number 11) trying to resign!
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

A great pity. Shame he did not take the part of James Bond.

Comment

Apparently one of his first roles was a bit part as a guard in the 1954 film Dambusters. I must look out for him if I watch it again.

Talking about that film, I wonder how the remake is coming on.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Dangerman was superb.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X