• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resolution Resources Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution Resources Agency

They're based in the North East like so most of you wont have heard of them, but is anyone on here working through them at the minute?
    The pope is a tard.

I once worked through a very dodgy outfit called Resolution Consulting who went under in the end I think. I doubt they'd start up again with a similar name as they'd of been carrying negative goodwill. You look like you already are but I'd be very very wary of small and/or unknown agencies at the moment. Insist on very short payment terms. I suspect quite a few agencies will be going under in 2009.

Comment

Same as with any new agency I look at. Credit check them and dig a little about the company directors in Google etc. Always worth checking them out.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

They've got quite a lucrative contract with a large company up here in the North East, and they've seemed like a decent enough firm....but there are a few contractors sitting on site today with no contracts, and mine is due next week.

The client is saying they've sent through all the relevant purchase orders...

I'm sure its nothing, but in today's climate you have to watch every little thing.

I just wondered if anyone else was placed with them.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Make sure your PCG membership is up to date for claiming if they go bust.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            They've got quite a lucrative contract with a large company up here in the North East, and they've seemed like a decent enough firm....but there are a few contractors sitting on site today with no contracts, and mine is due next week.

The client is saying they've sent through all the relevant purchase orders...

I'm sure its nothing, but in today's climate you have to watch every little thing.

I just wondered if anyone else was placed with them.
            It's not unusual to start work without a contract signed and sealed. Just make sure you have the client 100% on side, so you can shift agency, or go direct if you have to

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Make sure your PCG membership is up to date for claiming if they go bust.
              Dont get me started on those arse holes
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                It's not unusual to start work without a contract signed and sealed. Just make sure you have the client 100% on side, so you can shift agency, or go direct if you have to

That was a serious post!!

Did you use the wrong login?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                  Same as with any new agency I look at. Credit check them and dig a little about the company directors in Google etc. Always worth checking them out.
                  I concur. The credit check will tell you how much you should allow them to owe you at any time. Then, make sure you're invoicing and payment structure reflects that.

Pimps get really confused when you tell them you have credit checked them...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

How do you Credit check an agency?
                    I've never done that - perhaps I should in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X