• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price upturn date revealed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House price upturn date revealed!

We haven't discussed house prices for hours, so...

16 September 2009 has been revealed as the day the housing market will turn and present the best time to buy.

September 16, 2009: The perfect day to buy your next house

If the Telegraph showed the slightest degree of competence in constructing an operable web site I might regard preposterous non-news puff like that with a slightly higher degree of respect.

Nah, I'm lying. I'd never have any respect for that kind of unstory. They're talking crap again. It amazes me that they seem to keep getting away with it.

Still, their business plan seems to be predicated on the idea that if you keep telling people what they want to hear, you won't have to bother with journalism anymore

Comment

This would be the same property experts whos prediction, as late as end 2007, for 2008 was that it would be flat!

I think I'd rather trust to a dice throw than them.

tim

Comment

Count six years from 2008 as a indicator to even start considering getting back into the market.

An awful lot more pain to go through yet - especially as the job losses are only just getting going

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

So the telegraph are being hit by loss of advertising and are talking up the market.

I reckon we will reach bottom in Aug 2010 : then 3 flat years until Aug 2013.

Comment

"For many, dream homes are already becoming affordable, especially in London and the Home Counties which have been hit hard by the effect of the financial crisis on City workers.

For £500,000 buyers can now get a three-bedroom flat in Chelsea or a mews house in Battersea, while £800,000 buys a medium-sized house in Fulham. For £1.75 million they can buy an enormous house in Hampstead."

So £1.75m is affordable? Do they think we are all DimPrawn or Threaded?

Still lots of bankers loosing their jobs : why buy a depreciating asset?

Comment

Trevor Abrahamson, of Glentree Estates, said: "They don't ring a bell at the bottom of the market but if they did it would be ringing now"

I bet the average estate agent spends more time getting quotes in the papers than selling houses these days.

Comment

Well, after I've steamed in on 16 September 2009 and made a killing, don't say I didn't warn you.

Comment

Working...
                X