• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown must go ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Like they had a "moral obligation" to call an election when they appointed a new Prime Minister that the country had not voted on?

Brown did us all a favour by not calling one.

If he'd lost, our electorate would believe the Tories were to blame for the current mess, and Labour would be back in from 2011.

For another long time.

To f*** it up even more.

So I say, well done Gordon! The tail is now pinned fairly and squarely on the correct donkey! You lot will be history.

Comment

The Tories have 41%, Labour 25% in the latest poll but the LibDems rose by 7%. I see a Lib/Lab pact on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        The Tories have 41%, Labour 25% in the latest poll but the LibDems rose by 7%. I see a Lib/Lab pact on the horizon.
        Not so sure.

Vince Cable said on Andrew Marr he sees the Lib Dem policy on Tax and Spending as nowhere near Labours.

ie Spending cuts, lots of them, and tax cuts for low paid funded by hikes for the rich. Not exactly on the same page as ZaNuLieBore.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
          Not so sure.

Vince Cable said on Andrew Marr he sees the Lib Dem policy on Tax and Spending as nowhere near Labours.

ie Spending cuts, lots of them, and tax cuts for low paid funded by hikes for the rich. Not exactly on the same page as ZaNuLieBore.

That's irrelevant. If they have the chance of power, while also keeping out the Tories, it will happen, just as it has before.

Comment

I don't know why anyone would want to keep out the Tories. They seem to be the only party half-capable of running an economy. Nearly 100 years of history tells us that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              I don't know why anyone would want to keep out the Tories. They seem to be the only party half-capable of running an economy. Nearly 100 years of history tells us that.

Do you honestly think that a politician will refuse high office because he thinks that a party he does not belong to deserves power ???!!!

Comment

Paul Moore is a hero. I just hope that he is not found in a wood having slit his wrists with a blunt knife, having committed 'suicide'.
                Ah... indeed. I never belived that one either..
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Do you honestly think that a politician will refuse high office because he thinks that a party he does not belong to deserves power ???!!!
                  No, but that is wanting power for yourself. It is not the same as wanting power to keep out someone else. A subtle difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    No, but that is wanting power for yourself. It is not the same as wanting power to keep out someone else. A subtle difference.

The fact is that if there are sufficient seats for Labour and the Lib/Dems to form a majority, they will. If people don't want Labour in again then they should not vote Lib/Dem in a seat where the Tories would probably otherwise win.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Like they had a "moral obligation" to call an election when they appointed a new Prime Minister that the country had not voted on?
                      Like any government, they have a moral obligation to call an election at precisely the same time as they have a legal obligation to do so. To suggest otherwise is to claim that our Constitution is at fault: I don't think it is.

Oh, and it is normal, even for the Tories, for a new party leader of a sitting government to become the new Prime Minister without holding an election. That too is how our Constitution works. The Prime Minister is not elected by popular vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X