• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salary reduction for permies???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salary reduction for permies???

I am quite new to this but apparently it can also happen.... note that this doesn't obviously stop the company making lots of redundancies...

What's next? Permanent employees are asked to contribute with their personal funding to cover company's losses????

Right, permanent jobs and security...
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Late 2001, at the start of the last IT recession, I found myself working as a permie in a dot-bomb when they asked everyone to take a 25% pay cut. I walked out.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post

What's next? Permanent employees are asked to contribute with their personal funding to cover company's losses????
      Already happening in Japan.

Middle managers at Panasonic are "asked" to buy $1000 - $3000 worth of Panasonic goods to help bolster the company.

I expect refusing to buy the goods doesn't sit well with career prospects....
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Are you allowed to drop permie wages?

Comment

Ask EDS.
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I am considering doing the same with my staff here. If it preserves jobs and there is consensus it would be better to do that than make one or two people redundant. And when the economy recovers the team is still in place.
            There is a lot of pressure to cut costs at the mo.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Are you allowed to drop permie wages?
              In most countries no, but you can with the employee's consent rewrite the employment contract.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

If they don't want to enforce cut in wages, they can implement things like
                pay freezes, stopping overtime, decrease in working hours. Just happened where I as just working to both office and factory floor staff. Bounus for the company if anyne walks, but they maynot have anything to walk to in these times.
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
                X