• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I love it when...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when...

A vindictive permie **** tries to show you up by writing various emails (copying in several managers etc) saying that your code doesn't work and is not up to standards but eventually it turns out that the code does work, is exactly to standard, but he can't understand what you've written because he's too stupid.

I also love it when said permie is chastised by several PMs for being a sarcastic, vindictive little ****.

Anybody else got some love to share?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    A vindictive permie **** tries to show you up by writing various emails (copying in several managers etc) saying that your code doesn't work and is not up to standards but eventually it turns out that the code does work, is exactly to standard, but he can't understand what you've written because he's too stupid.

I also love it when said permie is chastised by several PMs for being a sarcastic, vindictive little ****.

Well done MM. Normally permie managers are inclined to side with their permie underlings, unless it becomes completely obvious the latter are in the wrong.

But this creep will really be gunning for you now, and in my experience what people like that lack in competence they make up for in malevolent craftiness.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Nice story MM. Any more details?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Nice story MM. Any more details?
        You've had more than enough.

I will add that it's not the first time he's tried to show up a contractor and come off worst.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Great Result MM. Let that nasty permie feel the rays of your smugness.

Comment

...a plan comes together?
            I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

There's one on every site. They are afraid that you will make it obvious they are out of their depth in their current role so seek to score points off you first. I just laugh at them. Pennyless cretins.

Comment

Print off a copy of the PCG's Guide to Freelancing and leave it on their desk.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Print off a copy of the BMA's Guide to Boil-Lancing and leave it on their desk.

Comment

add a money counter on to your desktop and invite him over for a chat then point out how much youve just earned whilst talking to him.
                    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Working...
                    X