• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Impolite Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impolite Britain

Wilmslowesque post follows

Had to get an airport Bus this morning. I spot a likely bus (number 101) with the driver stood outside having a fag.

I ask him "Excuse me, Are you out of service or just having a quick break"

him "I'm out of service"

"Can you tell me, where can I get the bus?"

him "Bus stops at the end up there"

"Which buses can I get"

him "number 101 and 102"

I Walk to the stop wait a minute and a bus pulls up, it's the driver I've just been talking to!

He could have just said "I'll be picking up in a minute from the stop up there"

No he'd rather expend energy being a nob. Welcome to rude and unhelpful Britain 2009!

Rant over
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 February 2009, 14:50.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Unhelpful? Possibly. Although he did answer your specific questions though didn't he?
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Bloody smokers
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

I really hate moments like those.

Thing is I get it. The guy is working at a not especially great job and can't even hide in his break as he still has his uniform on people are asking him questions... but at least try to be nice.

Comment

Hard to imagine it happening on the continent.

Yet another sign this country going down the pan.

Comment

I knew someone would say he answered your questions. He did but it's still a nob of a way to act given the circumstances.

to the other point..He could have had a longer break if he just said "I'm picking up there in a minute"

Maybe my expectations are too high, but I'm sure years ago my experience would have been better.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 February 2009, 15:09.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

A contractor using a bus?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Hard to imagine it happening on the continent.
                Yeah, he would be on strike
                Originally posted by cailin maith
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by Trev16v View Post
                  A contractor using a bus?

a/ I'm tight
                  b/ I'm not wandering around trying to find a taxi when a bus is sat right where I was
                  c/ You don't have to be scared of buses in the UK , yet
                  d/ I'm not riding in a sick smelling Ford Mondeo

Comment

[QUOTE=BrilloPad;779180]Hard to imagine it happening on the continent.QUOTE]

You haven't had to use public transport on the continent much have you ?
                    Rudeness is not exclusively British

Comment

Working...
                    X