Car Tyre Tube Puncture repair..DIY..??? Car Tyre Tube Puncture repair..DIY..???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Fingers like lightning

Darren_Test is too good to be a permie

Default Car Tyre Puncture repair..DIY..??? (Tubeless Tyre)

Just gone to "National Tyres" to repair tyre puncture (tubeless ) of Mazda6. According to them I have to replace tyre though puncture seems to be in the middle of well threaded Good Year 205/55 R16 Tyre..!! Need £100+ to replace..!! My puncture seems to be very small as it takes 2 weeks to get tyre pressure to go down to 26 from 32...

Is there any economical work around to sort out punctured tyre ..?? Any DIY stuff.

Thanks
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 24th February 2009 at 16:16.

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Tyres with tubes?

How quaint. Is it a Model T?
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

Double Godlike!

Bagpuss is good enough for Jehovah!

There is no tube in a car tyre. There are guidelines on fixing punctures, usually if too close to the edge or in the sidewall it shouldn't be fixed. Get a second opinion.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Terrible Flirt!

Drewster has no reputation

Pump it up and pop into another Tyre Place....

Offer any of the greae monkeys a decent drink and they will plug it for you....

Fingers like lightning

Darren_Test is too good to be a permie

just corrected..its a tubeless tyre...

Jedi Like

gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

Take it somewhere else, they just drill a hole and glue a rubber plug in from the inside.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Fingers like lightning

Money Money Money has no reputation

I once had a complete flat, filled with tyre weld to get me home, was going to take it to the garage the next morning but was still fully inflated.

Sold it 6 month later! - Still with the same tyre!

Double Godlike!

Bagpuss is good enough for Jehovah!

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Super poster

lilelvis2000 is a permanent contractor

Yeah...my usual tyre dude tries to sell me a new one all the time. Just tell them to repair it "damn it!"

Jedi Like

gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by Money Money Money View Post
    I once had a complete flat, filled with tyre weld to get me home, was going to take it to the garage the next morning but was still fully inflated.

Sold it 6 month later! - Still with the same tyre!
    Nice... I hope none of my family are unlucky enough to have a catastrophic tyre failure because someone sold them a ticking time bomb, that stuff goes brittle over time.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson