Whoops now rougly how much client is paying for me. Whoops now rougly how much client is paying for me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 26

Should post faster

Mehmeh has no reputation

Default Whoops now rougly how much client is paying for me.

Hi guys,

Boss at clientCo just forwarded an email about a new contractor starting....but it had all the negotiation between him and the recruiter.

So I now know how much ClientCo are paying for this new guy.... and in theory I am more senior...but for arguments sake lets say they are paying the same.....

Recruiters getting 32% from me...hmm not really that happy about that but could be worse...

So just for discussion purposes... what would you do with this information.... wait til extension time to use for a bigger slice or would you be cheeky and have a go to rinse the agency... 2.5months till extension time

Raaaa

Double Godlike!

Bagpuss is good enough for Jehovah!

I'd wait until extention time and tell the agency the manager let it slip what the total charge rate was. > 30% is pretty high, I usually get them down to <15% if I have to use them.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Should post faster

Mehmeh has no reputation

"manager let slip"

thanks mate! gunna use those very words in 2.5 months....they can hardly be pissed off with the manager can they...

Godlike like

SallyAnne is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I'd wait until extention time and tell the agency the manager let it slip what the total charge rate was. > 30% is pretty high, I usually get them down to <15% if I have to use them.
    I'd tell the agent NOW that you know, and tell him you will expect a renegotiation come extention time...otherwise you'll spend the next 2.5 months looking for a new gig.
    Get it in writing off him now that any future extensions will have a more reasonable rate. >30% is completely taking the p*ss.

Name and shame the agency!

Super poster

rootsnall has no reputation

I'd have a go now, try nicey nicey approach first but then play as hard as you can when they knock you back. Aslong as you don't involve the client you've nothing to lose and it paves the way for even harder bargaining come renewal time. If you can convince them you'll walk I reckon you can chip away at 30odd percent.

Jedi Like

gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I'd tell the agent NOW that you know, and tell him you will expect a renegotiation come extention time...otherwise you'll spend the next 2.5 months looking for a new gig.
    Get it in writing off him now that any future extensions will have a more reasonable rate. >30% is completely taking the p*ss.

Name and shame the agency!
    Or the agent will spend the next 2.5 months lining up your replacement.

The agents are really squeezing the rates now, I just applied for an SC cleared 3rd line support role, agent rang back and said they wanted to pay £15ph… that same role would have paid £30+ 18 months ago, I can’t believe the client is paying 50% less??
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Double Godlike!

Bagpuss is good enough for Jehovah!

I agree, some agents are widening their cut. That's why it's important to build good relationships with the good agents. In times like these you won't get ripped off

Re OP A few years ago I would have called the agency ASAP and really had a go. These days I'd bide my time, wait for renewal and then claw back as much of the 30 odd percent as possible. If you are senior it's probably nearer 40%. I'd be looking to get 15-20 of that back. Remember to keep your manager onside also. The agency will try to find a replacement rather than give you the money, but if you have already told the manager you will renew, then there is little they can do.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Fingers like lightning

thelace has no reputation

I was forwarded an email by mistake during my negotiations recently.

I know exactly how much the agency is making from me

£1 an hour

And no, that's not 50% before some wag chimes in

I don't begrudge them that at all.

However it doesn't leave a lot of room for manouver during the next re-negotiation
    'elf and safety guru

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Put superglue in their door locks.

Godlike

threaded is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehmeh View Post
    Hi guys,

Boss at clientCo just forwarded an email about a new contractor starting....but it had all the negotiation between him and the recruiter.

So I now know how much ClientCo are paying for this new guy.... and in theory I am more senior...but for arguments sake lets say they are paying the same.....

Recruiters getting 32% from me...hmm not really that happy about that but could be worse...

So just for discussion purposes... what would you do with this information.... wait til extension time to use for a bigger slice or would you be cheeky and have a go to rinse the agency... 2.5months till extension time

Raaaa
    I worked a contract where the agent was 80%. So what? If you're happy with what you're getting then why worry...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.