• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using the Internet rots the mind

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

does
    The Daily Mail

Here we go again.

Why do you have it in for the Daily Mail ?

At least it has the courage to speak out about what's wrong with the country and continually pokes a stick at our government. Would you rather it didn't and just posted celeb gossip and pictures of breasts like The Sun ?

The Guardian, on the other hand, is a left-wing newspaper and hence any criticism of the government is usually toned down to no more than a gentle chiding. Plus The Guardian is boring.

I somehow think you've been on the negative end of Daily Mail journalism, probably due to the demented F4J demonstrations, so it's no wonder you have an axe to grind against the Daily Mail.

Tough.

If you deliberately put yourself in the media spotlight, prepare to be scrutinised and villified.

What were you expecting ?

Mass public sympathy, a cup of tea and some biscuits ?

I would suggest that the Daily Mail is not the problem.
    In fact the daily mail has been incredibly supportive of f4j.

If you wanted a serious debate then you should have started a seperate thread instead of hijacking this one.

I intend to start a seperate thread on this. If you have anything sensible to add put it there.

Comment

To be fair, the Daily Mail is not highly thought of among educated people.

Mrs Gonzo likes it but I would never allow it in the house. Says it all really.

Comment

Originally posted by grey_lady View Post
        Help - I just discovered 80's video's on utube!

Time flies by - Half man, half biscuit.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNMTa7Yd3E
        It's all out there - I watch more on Youtube than TV now. Big fan.
        Bored.

Comment

does
          The Daily Mail

Here we go again.

Why do you have it in for the Daily Mail ?

At least it has the courage to speak out about what's wrong with the country and continually pokes a stick at our government. Would you rather it didn't and just posted celeb gossip and pictures of breasts like The Sun ?

The Guardian, on the other hand, is a left-wing newspaper and hence any criticism of the government is usually toned down to no more than a gentle chiding. Plus The Guardian is boring.

I somehow think you've been on the negative end of Daily Mail journalism, probably due to the demented F4J demonstrations, so it's no wonder you have an axe to grind against the Daily Mail.

Tough.

If you deliberately put yourself in the media spotlight, prepare to be scrutinised and villified.

What were you expecting ?

Mass public sympathy, a cup of tea and some biscuits ?

The Daily mail is a knee-jerk right-wing paper, just like the Guardian is a knee-jerk left-wing one. Neither is read by the truly intelligent.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

this thread is an insult to those unfortunates who have really suffered from rot in the brain. As someone with a rotten brain, I feel that you owe me an apology

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              this thread is an insult to those unfortunates who have really suffered from rot in the brain. As someone with a rotten brain, I feel that you owe me an apology

Sorry

Comment

Working...
              X