• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using the Internet rots the mind

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Internet rots the mind

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/fe...ildrens-brains

Social network sites risk infantilising the mid-21st century mind, leaving it characterised by short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity, according to a leading neuroscientist.
    Doomed! I blame you ****ers, ner-ner-ni-ner-ner!

Now, what was I doing?

HTH

Bob

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/fe...ildrens-brains

Doomed! I blame you ****ers, ner-ner-ni-ner-ner!

Now, what was I doing?

HTH

Bob
    I've refreshed this page 5 times already, and still no response from anyone!

Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7907489.stm

If you're worried about soreness on your hands when playing a games console, it might be sensible to give your hands a break from time to time
      No Tulip Sherlock

Comment

I was completely normal before I joined cuk.

Comment

Only those with rotten minds would read the Guardian in the first place.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

"Pubs risk infantilising the mid-21st century mind, leaving it characterised by short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity, according to a leading neuroscientist."

"Drugs risk infantilising the mid-21st century mind, leaving it characterised by short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity, according to a leading neuroscientist."

"Television risks infantilising the mid-21st century mind, leaving it characterised by short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity, according to a leading neuroscientist."

"Wanking risks infantilising the mid-21st century mind, leaving it characterised by short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity, according to a leading neuroscientist."

"Reading risks infantilising the mid-21st century mind, leaving it characterised by short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity, according to a leading neuroscientist."

"Being a student risks infantilising the mid-21st century mind, leaving it characterised by short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity, according to a leading neuroscientist."

"Marriage risks infantilising the mid-21st century mind, leaving it characterised by short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity, according to a leading neuroscientist."

Make up your own Bad Science story.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Only those with rotten minds would read the Guardian in the first place.
              What dos that say about those who read the mail?

Comment

What dos that say about those who read the mail?

does
                The Daily Mail

Here we go again.

Why do you have it in for the Daily Mail ?

At least it has the courage to speak out about what's wrong with the country and continually pokes a stick at our government. Would you rather it didn't and just posted celeb gossip and pictures of breasts like The Sun ?

The Guardian, on the other hand, is a left-wing newspaper and hence any criticism of the government is usually toned down to no more than a gentle chiding. Plus The Guardian is boring.

I somehow think you've been on the negative end of Daily Mail journalism, probably due to the demented F4J demonstrations, so it's no wonder you have an axe to grind against the Daily Mail.

Tough.

If you deliberately put yourself in the media spotlight, prepare to be scrutinised and villified.

What were you expecting ?

Mass public sympathy, a cup of tea and some biscuits ?

I would suggest that the Daily Mail is not the problem.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

"short attention spans, sensationalism, inability to empathise and a shaky sense of identity"

Sounds like our Team Leader in the contract I'm in at the moment.

Comment

Help - I just discovered 80's video's on utube!

Time flies by - Half man, half biscuit.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNMTa7Yd3E
                    Last edited by grey_lady; 25 February 2009, 00:32. Reason: Staving off depression

Comment

Working...
                    X