• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Birthday Churchill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthing (or should that be "Berthing") Day from me and Mrs BGG, you rapscallion you !)
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Have a blast, Churchy!

Comment

Don't piss on the square doggy.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Has anyone else ever got 2 birthday threads?
          Not in the same month
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Thinking about it, you could argue that we have 2 days to celebrate.

1. The day of "Conception"
            2. The day of "Birth"

I would put option 1 as more important, since it is the point from which everything begins.

I just suppose it's easier to remember option 2.

Working out option 1 might be tricky, since sperm can last in the body for 7 days, so the place of reproduction may not necessarily be the same place as fertilisation, which can occur some days afterwards.

Could be great new opportunity for Clinton Cards though.

"Happy Fertilisation Day !"

"So glad you came ! "

"You Survived Gestation ! Grats !"

"Yay ! You Avoided The Curtains This Time !"
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              Thinking about it, you could argue that we have 2 days to celebrate.

1. The day of "Conception"
              2. The day of "Birth"

I would put option 1 as more important, since it is the point from which everything begins.

I just suppose it's easier to remember option 2.

Working out option 1 might be tricky, since sperm can last in the body for 7 days, so the place of reproduction may not necessarily be the same place as fertilisation, which can occur some days afterwards.

Could be great new opportunity for Clinton Cards though.

"Happy Fertilisation Day !"

"So glad you came ! "

"You Survived Gestation ! Grats !"

"Yay ! You Avoided The Curtains This Time !"
              I'd rather not picture the image of my Mother and Father "Doing the Dirty Deed"...

Oh Bollox!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                I'd rather not picture the image of my Mother and Father "Doing the Dirty Deed"...

Oh Bollox!!!
                WHS

Makes me wish I was a test tube baby......

Comment

Working...
                X