• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

another plane crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another plane crash

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5801273.ece

"A Turkish Airlines Boeing 737 jet with 135 passengers on board has crashed while attempting to land at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that at least one person has been killed and 20 injured. As many as 50 passengers were reported to have survived, according to one Turkish news agency."

hope no one is planning on flying near schipol today

"Air traffic around Schiphol, an extremely busy aviation centre which is one of Europe's main hub airports, has been frozen."
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Lucky it's a mid-week crash. Won't inconvenience so many souls.

Comment

Mr ZB will be looking at the incident reports then - to see if any of his companies components were at fault .
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        The real lucky thing is that it's vacation week for the schools here, had it been last or this weekend, then that plane would have been packed with families (there is a large Turkish population in the Netherlands).
        Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
          The real lucky thing is that it's vacation week for the schools here, had it been last or this weekend, then that plane would have been packed with families (there is a large Turkish population in the Netherlands).

It was probably packed with sweaty fat businessmen, and they obviously don't matter as much.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Great, I fly long-haul tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
              Yeah, as long as it doesn't mess up anyone's travel plans. That's the important thing.

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Despite having worked in aerospace it astonishes me how few people die when a sizable machine with quite a lot of flammable fuel travelling well over 100 mph smacks into the ground.

It goes to show that engineering is still alive and well in some parts of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Despite having worked in aerospace it astonishes me how few people die when a sizable machine with quite a lot of flammable fuel travelling well over 100 mph smacks into the ground.

It goes to show that engineering is still alive and well in some parts of the world.
                  ...and that Dutch fields are soft and squidgy, especially when it's been raining every bloody day for a week.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    ...and that Dutch fields are soft and squidgy, especially when it's been raining every bloody day for a week.
                    All recorded history

Comment

Working...
                    X