• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ban PDRs and beat the credit crunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban PDRs and beat the credit crunch

In a gig, and its PDR time for the poor permies. Each one seems to take an age, and when they come out they are less motivated than when they went in. It was this kind of corporate tuilip that encouraged me to become a contractor in the first place. That and the cash.

Given that PDRs are expensive, take lots of time, demotivate the staff, they ultimately do not benefit the profitability of the company.

So if we ban PDRs, focus on giving people a pat on the head for doing a good job, and maybe talking to them in private briefly if there is a problem - in the run of a normal business day, then we have a happier more productive workforce and much less pointless paper shuffling.

That should boost share prices and increase confidence in the markets.

All this advice for free. Count your blessings.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I'm a contractor. I don't give a tulip...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      So if we ban PDRs, focus on giving people a pat on the head for doing a good job, and maybe talking to them in private briefly if there is a problem - in the run of a normal business day, then we have a happier more productive workforce and much less pointless paper shuffling.
      What, you mean treating people like human beings?

That would be very controversial around here.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It used to be caled "Good Management"...... You know when Managers Managed People....

Then came HR and other "Corporate Speak".... A spade became a "Hand held personal entrenching implement", "People" became "Resources" etc etc etc

Do you see that "expired equine quadraped being flagelated" - I think this is similar!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          It used to be caled "Good Management"...... You know when Managers Managed People....

Then came HR and other "Corporate Speak".... A spade became a "Hand held personal entrenching implement", "People" became "Resources" etc etc etc

Do you see that "expired equine quadraped being flagelated" - I think this is similar!
          I read an article about modern management tulip speak, and apparently the first ever documented incident was just after the second world war when the London town "Rat catcher" had his job title changed to "Rodent operative".

Quite how you operate a rodent escapes me.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
          X