• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear. Must need more community orders.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear. Must need more community orders.

Woman found guilty over supermarket queue killing

A violent criminal who killed a shopper during a row about queue jumping at a supermarket was wearing an electronic tag and on bail at the time of the attack.

Tony Virasami, 38, admitted killing Kevin Tripp after mistakenly believing he had pushed in front of his girlfriend, Antonette Richardson, at a Sainsbury's store in South London.
    Richardson and Virasami, both from Catford, southeast London, worked together as shoplifters and had criminal records dating back more than 20 years. At the time of the killing, Virasami was on bail for shoplifting offences and was also on a curfew.

Richardson, a heroin addict, had always received community orders, conditional discharges or fines when she was convicted.

Supermarkets should open more tills when it's busy and otherwise let you take the food for free. I f**king hate it when there's a long queue at two tills and a long row of empty tills. I don't think I'd resort to killing someone though.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      ... let you take the food for free. ... resort to killing someone though.
      Wow, you must get pretty hungry. May I recommend shoplifting as an alternative to cannibalism?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Wow, you must get pretty hungry. May I recommend shoplifting as an alternative to cannibalism?
        I do get hungry. I eat a lot. Being a rich contractor barsteward, I pay for my food, and I try to avoid supermarkets altogether; they're full of nasty chavs killing each other in long queues. It doesn't happen in the exclusive stores that I visit.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So who killed him?

Story says man killed man. Weblink says woman found guilty of it?
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

The woman called the man in from outside the supermarket to attack someone who argued with the woman about queue pushing.

She either knew or suggested that her boyfriend attack the victim (who wasn't the person who the woman who had the argument with).

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
              So who killed him?

Story says man killed man. Weblink says woman found guilty of it?
              She (the woman) got pissed off with some chap in the queue...
              She phoned her "fella" and asked him to sort it out.....
              He (Fella) turned up and said "Where is eee"...
              She pointed at bloke on esclator...
              Fella went over and belted the bloke...
              She said "Oooooops thats not THE bloke"....

She was found guilty cos she got her bloke to come and "sort it out".... even though her (thick as a brick) fella actually got the wrong bloke....

So:
              He did it not me - was no defence
              We didn't mean to do it - was not a defence

Comment

OK a few hours have passed and I'm more relaxed, but the Daily Mail Moment has not left me. This scumbag was a repeat offender, a violent criminal, out on bail and wearing an electronic tag, when he jumped at the chance to attack someone so viciously that the person died. For a hint, mistaken as it turned out, that this person might have argued with his scumbag woman for her queue-jumping (normally she doesn't queue, just shoplifts).

I am not at all liberal about this one: he should have been made to understand that the electronic tag wasn't just a piece of jewellery, it represented his last chance. He's used up his last chance. He has had plenty, but threw them all away. Unless and until we can work out a way to have him rejoin society, we should now be asking when and how, if ever, he can be let out on the streets again. Because as things stand I do not want people like that walking the streets freely beside me, my wife, or my daughter; and I think that by now we have a right to say that he has blown it, we will not allow it.

We should indeed try to reform him, but the presumption by now has to be that until we do believe that he is reformed, he is not a free man.

He would never be missed
                Last edited by expat; 26 February 2009, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  We should indeed try to reform him, but the presumption by now has to be that until we do believe that he is reformed, he is not a free man.

I disagree strongly.

Simple solution and proposed a long time ago by Larry Niven. Turn scumbag repeat crims into organ donors and fertiliser, cheap, effective and gives a lot back to the communities that they victimised.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    OK a few hours have passed and I'm more relaxed, but the Daily Mail Moment has not left me.

One really should not have a daily mail moment. Was he an immigrant? How much was his house worth?

Comment

Working...
                    X