• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Prescott - yes that big cheese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Prescott - yes that big cheese

He sent me this e-mail, which I think is a little rich considering the massive widening gap between rich and poor since nulabore came to power, how can they complain when it's of there making? Is that not a little short-sighted?

Hello,

Sorry to trouble you but I thought you might share my anger in the news about the former Chief Executive of RBS Sir Fred 'The Shred' Goodwin and his pension package.

RBS has just posted losses for last year - and they're as bad as we expected. A year after making a profit of £10 billion in 2007, it made a loss of £24billion.

I don't envy the job the new RBS Chief Executive Stephen Hester has to do but having spoken to him, I feel he's committed to trying to turn it around.

Make no mistake it's going to be a hell of a job to do but he's made a start on bonuses - thanks to you keeping the pressure on him - and I hope he gets support by others showing goodwill.

And there's two people who spring immediately to mind.

What really gets me - and I expect I'm not alone in this - is how the hell the former RBS Chief Executive Sir Fred 'The Shred' Goodwin can claim without a guilty conscience a £650,000 annual pension a year from the age of 50.

His greed and reckless nature got us into this mess and necessitated us bailing out the bank to the tune of £20 billion to try and keep people in their homes and jobs.

RBS, UK Financial Investments (the body that oversees the public's shareholdings in the bailed-out banks) and the Government have all asked Sir Fred to reconsider his pension package. He's supposed to be 'considering it.'

Another person who also should be 'considering' their actions is former Grand Prix driver Sir Jackie Stewart. RBS has already announc ed that they're slashing their sports sponsorship which was costing them £100m a year and pulling out of Formula 1.

But Sir Jackie - who is reportedly still a tax exile - has publicly refused to renegotiate his reported RBS sponsorship contract of £4m.

I know that Sir Jackie never had a problem lobbying Government for the impoverished sport that is Formula 1. In fact, as he lived next door to Chequers, he was always bending Tony's ear for a bypass for Silverstone. I should know - I was transport secretary at the time!

So I want to lobby Sir Jackie and Sir Fred (talk about having a bad couple of knights.)

The British public owns the vast majority of RBS - our share might even go up to 95% - and I'm sure I speak for the majority of my fellow shareholders in saying that we find both deals both outrageous and unacceptable.

I personally think we should shred Fred's pension and pitstop Jackie's contract but I need your help.

I've just launched an online survey and sent it to you and the other 31,000 people who signed our Give Up the Bonus petition to gauge your thoughts. I will be making the results public later on today so it would really help if you could complete the survey as soon as possible.

Let's show them what people power can do and give Sir Fred and Sir Jackie a real knightmare.

Many thanks,

John Prescott
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

While I think the pension for this guy is way too big, you might want to reply back to Prescott asking him what his pension pot is like and how much debt has his lot landed the country in - presumably he'll offer to repay his pansion also, it's ony fair.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Indeed Tony.

Although Prescott could argue he never did anything.

Comment

Ask him how much Broons pension is.

Comment

Why is he having a go at Jackie Stewart? Sir Jackie’s just holding RBS to a contract they signed for work that he supplies. Is this perhaps a case of Old Labour jealousy? I can’t see any wrongdoing on the part of Jackie Stewart in this except for being rich and living abroad having earnt his money through his own business, which is perhaps a crime under a labour government, as opposed to bankrupting your employer and f**king the whole economy which earns you a knighthood.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

He's a fat moron with nothing to say.

He should fit in here nicely...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
            X