• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie pay rise….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie pay rise….

This is a complete joke.

We are having to put in a good case why we deserve a pay rise.

The pot is less that 1.75% each.

I can hardly get excited by this, hence I really cannot take it seriously!

Usual salute the flag rot of blaming the economy while the company is bucking the trend and doing better, and told to be glad we have a job.

Roll on being able to get back into contracting – too rocky out there at present for my liking!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    This is a complete joke.
    Goody Goody.... errrrrrr Where is the punchline!

Comment

Are you 1.75% better at your job this year?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you're work is as appealing as the majority of your posts, you shouldn't be getting a rise at all!

'elf and safety guru

Comment

What will you do with all that extra cash???? Holiday, fast car the possibilities are endless

I wish I was permie....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            This is a complete joke.

I am

Comment

Remind me again why I work as a contractor?

You chose to be a permie. Stop moaning and accept your fate.
              Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Many contractors have not had rate increases for ages and many are taking rate cuts on extensions & new gigs... a pay rise seems like a result.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do you get a gold star for your name badge as well as your pay rise?
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Did you exceed all of your KPIs?
                    Was your 360 degree appraisal unanimously positive?
                    Did you arrive before the boss every morning and leave after him every evening?
                    Did you grovel with sufficient sycophancy at the company Christmas dinner?
                    Did you arrive with an ironed shirt, shiny shoes and a company tie every day?

If you can answer yes to all these questions then you’re a grovelling little permieturd who should be told to keep your gob shut or go and work for yourself.
                    If you answer no to any of these questions then you don’t deserve a pay rise.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X