• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crazy hair for the office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy hair for the office

Hey guys...

I do alot of kickboxing in my sparetime, and want to get a mohawk for a fight thats coming up in a few weeks.

Bad idea for the office? I'm in a fairly professional environment, but I'm a young developer.

Should I run it by clientco manager...or just screw em and do it?

What cha think?

If its a concern, on the day of the fight get the mohawk done and go duff some people up.
    After the fight, shave your head.

No problem.

Rhubarb.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post
      Hey guys...

I do alot of kickboxing in my sparetime, and want to get a mohawk for a fight thats coming up in a few weeks.

Bad idea for the office? I'm in a fairly professional environment, but I'm a young developer.

What cha think?
      Just say to them 'wanna fight about that?'
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

In theory, if you're a contractor then screw them. However realistically they might be a bit taken aback. Why not let them know what you're planning and gauge reactions? I have quite a big tattoo on my wrist, one on my foot, and the top of my back - all of which are quite visible depending on what I wear. I am always careful to cover them until I have been onsite for a while and am happy no one will care!
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Hey guys...

What cha think?
          Why not just get it done the day/afternoon before the fight?

One of the contractors here turned up for her interview with bright pink hair (didn't realise it was a permanent dye), and got the job. Was remembered for it for years afterwards, and subsequently re-hired many times.

Comment

Hey guys...

What cha think?
            Tell them you are doing it for comic relief and get them to sponsor you
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Best idea so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                And pocket the cash.
                The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I'd grow a beard and go for the Mr T look. I ain't doin no performance review fool
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Get some felt tips and colour the rest of your head in. They will never notice honest. I do it every so often with a tash. Sometimes I draw one on just to see the funny looks I get. Obviously people are not used to seeing me with a tash.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X