• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair considers charging passengers per sheet of loo paper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryanair considers charging passengers per sheet of loo paper

<placeholder>
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

No - I think they will get passengers to have mini belts next which they have to run on for 50% of the journey so they can store the energy produced and sell it back to the fuel companies!

Comment

Not that far off the mark!

Ryanair Receives 12,000 Suggestions for Next Discretionary Charge
      Passengers to Decide Which Idea Will Win €1,000 Cash Prize

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (8 Apr) announced that it received over 12,000 suggestions from passengers as part of the low fares airline’s competition to suggest a discretionary revenue charge which would help lower Ryanair’s costs and reduce its guaranteed lowest fares even further.

Ryanair revealed the top five ideas and launched an online poll on www.ryanair.com to allow passengers to decide which idea is worthy of the €1,000 cash prize. The online poll will remain open until Friday 17th April.

Click here to take the survey

The top five suggestions are:
      €1 for toilet paper – with O’Leary’s face on it,
      €2 “corkage” fee for passengers who bring their own food,
      €5 annual subscription to access Ryanair.com,
      €3 to smoke in a converted toilet cubicle,
      Excess fees for overweight passengers based on body mass index.

Launching the poll, Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said:

“Ryanair is Europe’s largest low fares airline and we will continue to reduce fares by stimulating ancillary revenues. Over 12,000 ideas were suggested to us as ways of driving our guaranteed lowest fares even lower and our top five entries are now available on ryanair.com for passengers to choose the winner. The online poll will close on Friday 17th April and the winning entry will be revealed shortly after.”
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Ryanair Receives 12,000 Suggestions for Next Discretionary Charge
        Passengers to Decide Which Idea Will Win €1,000 Cash Prize

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (8 Apr) announced that it received over 12,000 suggestions from passengers as part of the low fares airline’s competition to suggest a discretionary revenue charge which would help lower Ryanair’s costs and reduce its guaranteed lowest fares even further.

Ryanair revealed the top five ideas and launched an online poll on www.ryanair.com to allow passengers to decide which idea is worthy of the €1,000 cash prize. The online poll will remain open until Friday 17th April.

Click here to take the survey

The top five suggestions are:
        €1 for toilet paper – with O’Leary’s face on it,
        €2 “corkage” fee for passengers who bring their own food,
        €5 annual subscription to access Ryanair.com,
        €3 to smoke in a converted toilet cubicle,
        Excess fees for overweight passengers based on body mass index.

Launching the poll, Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said:

“Ryanair is Europe’s largest low fares airline and we will continue to reduce fares by stimulating ancillary revenues. Over 12,000 ideas were suggested to us as ways of driving our guaranteed lowest fares even lower and our top five entries are now available on ryanair.com for passengers to choose the winner. The online poll will close on Friday 17th April and the winning entry will be revealed shortly after.”
        I think its everyone's duty to vote for the toilet paper option.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I think Ryanair should do everybody a favour and stop doing business.

Comment

How about double fare for fat bastards like they do in the US? Linky
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Flown loads with Ryan Air never had any problems. It's not like they are British Rail (or whatever they are nowadays) and you can't go with anyone else.

If you don't like flying with Ryan Air, there are plenty of other options.

Comment

I just got told I filled out the survey when I have not! I know somebody else was using my PC on Easter Sunday : maybe they did it?

I should clear my cookies to see if I can vote : but I cant be bothered......

Comment

From the RyanAir safety video

'In the event of emergency and loss of cabin pressure, face masks will drop in front of the passengers. Please place your own on using the elastic fastner before aiding the children. Air will begin to flow once the credit card has been swiped through the slot, as seen in diagram B'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X