• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy St David's Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy St David's Day

Have a joyous feast day of St David, one and all.

Especially Diver & zeitghost.

And other notable honorary Welsh folk, such as Cailin Maith, of course.
    Last edited by BrowneIssue; 1 March 2009, 10:04. Reason: trypo
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

During one of the gigs I did in the Principality, I was pleasantly surprised to be told we got St David's Day off as a holiday. As an Englishman, that came as a huge surprise.

A day off for your national holiday? Do people do that then? What a hospitable people.

I have felt inclined to celebrate it ever since.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Have a joyous feast day of St David, one and all.

Especially Diver & zeitghost.

And other notable honorary Welsh folk, such as Cailin Maith, of course.

Comment

I'm an 1/8th welsh.

Happy St. Davids day to my lower left leg.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          During one of the gigs I did in the Principality, I was pleasantly surprised to be told we got St David's Day off as a holiday. As an Englishman, that came as a huge surprise.

A day off for your national holiday? Do people do that then? What a hospitable people.

I have felt inclined to celebrate it ever since.
          I hope to God some bright NuLabour spark doesn't decide to make St George's Day a bank holiday. We lose far too many working days between March and May as it is. If we absolutely must have an extra idlers day, please make it in September or October.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Have a good one!

Comment

Working...
            X