• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a house - family loans & tax investigations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Birchwood? Isn't that near Warrington?
    Yeah - in between Manchester and Warrington.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

No wonder you spent so much! It must have been 30 minutes from your hotel.
      They do have hotels in Warrington you know, and it does have a lot of pubs!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Interesting. I thought that getting help from family was the traditional/proper way of getting a house in the UK, at least before 100% mortgages became available?
        Yes, and I don't think there's anything legal to stop you from doing it, but you have to declare it properly.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

No wonder you spent so much! It must have been 30 minutes from your hotel.
          They do have hotels in Warrington you know, and it does have a lot of pubs!
          I rented a flat in the Hacienda man - it was the cooolest thing EVER!

I did stay in Warrington when I first went down but I hated it. The place was an utter sh*t hole - the nicest pub I could find was Yates, which tells a story!

Now my beautiful swanky flat in the Hacienda...just up from 24 hours Sainsburies...accross thew road from City Road and Deansgate Locks....ah man, it was sweet sweet sweet!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Oh yeah, those flats are selling at auction now for circa 120k. I might buy one if you are up for paying those exorbitant rents again?

PS that's a bit harsh on Warrington, the town centre was made over recently and there are some really nice suburbs with nice pubs and good restaurants.

I've never really thought Manchester has a good pub scene, much better for clubs however.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 2 March 2009, 13:39.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Oh yeah, those flats are selling at auction now for circa 120k. I might buy one if you are up for paying those exorbitant rents again?

PS that's a bit harsh on Warrington, the town centre was made over recently and there are some really nice suburbs with nice pubs and good restaurants.

I've never really thought Manchester has a good pub scene, much better for clubs however.
              Ah Manchester is the best place to drink in the country - you have to know where you're going though.

I've never hated a place as much as Warrington in my entire life. I still shudder now when I think of it. I hated every single thing about it. Even the people were horrible - they all had massive chips on their shoulders cause they weren't scousers and they weren't mancunians...they were a nothingness entity in the middle.

<breathe>
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

No, apart from the Northern quarter (which is recent), drinking in Manchester is pretty rubbish for a city, too many theme/trendy bars. Sheffield is much better for pubs, but then is rubbish for clubs.

Comment

No, apart from the Northern quarter (which is recent), drinking in Manchester is pretty rubbish for a city, too many theme/trendy bars. Sheffield is much better for pubs, but then is rubbish for clubs.
                  No, no, no!!!!

You have: -

all 3 at Oxford Road are super cool (a metaller one, and 2 others - forget what they're called)
                  City Road
                  Brittons Protectorate
                  Galvins (even the new version is lovely)
                  Nags Head
                  Sun Inn
                  The other one (Nags, Sun and another one in the next street along)
                  You have the 2 chop houses
                  The 3 boozers at Exchange square

And they are just off the top of my head.

Plus you have all of Deansgate Lock, which in the summer is lovely. And all the posh tottie places up the end of Deasgate.

And like you say, the Northern Quarter.

I dont much go in for the Printworks style boozers, but they are there for people who want them.

And plenty more in between!

The place rocks!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

The pubs on Oxford Road used to be better, I presume you mean the Thirsty Scholar and the Salisbury?

The others are much of a muchness

Sheffield is better for pubs Sally!

Comment

The pubs on Oxford Road used to be better, I presume you mean the Thirsty Scholar and the Salisbury?

The others are much of a muchness

Sheffield is better for pubs Sally!
                      I've been to Sheffield a few times (my ex's mam used to live there) - I was always impressed with the amount of pubs named after cats! And beer menu's on tables!!! Very cool indeed

But Sheffield is an utter pain in the backside to get to from the North East
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X