• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scapegoating the bankers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scapegoating the bankers

Is anyone here getting a little sick of bankers being scapegoated by politicians who want to deflect attention from their own culpability?
    Granted, people like Fred the Shred are despicable greedy w*nkers who are giving capitalism a bad name.
    But they are not a patch on the politicians who set the framework to allow it to happen and who all their lives have swilled at the trough of public funds without creating anything of any value whatever.

Perhaps el Gordo should give up his pension for totally and utterly ballsing up the British economy?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I was caught speediung last week doing 121mph. But I notice on bbc website today somebody caught doing 122mph. So all the blame should be heaped on him while I get off scott free?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Is anyone here getting a little sick of bankers being scapegoated by politicians who want to deflect attention from their own culpability?
      Granted, people like Fred the Shred are despicable greedy winkers who are giving capitalism a bad name.
      But they are not a patch on the politicians who set the framework to allow it to happen and who all their lives have swilled at the trough of public funds without creating anything of any value whatever.

Perhaps el Gordo should give up his pension for totally and utterly ballsing up the British economy?
      They're all as bad as each other. The politicians allowed the bankers to play irresponsible games and the bankers chose to abuse their freedom.

El Gordo should be sent to live on Rockall.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Agreed. I think the public are beginning to see this is merely a smokescreen over their (governments) own greed and culpability in the matter of financial rewards and stupidity when it comes to the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          El Gordo should be sent to live on Rockall.
          Can't. This dozy government even gave that away. Including the oil, mineral and fishing rights that went with it.

Stupid, ignorant, arrogant sods.

Edit... I recall reading, at some length, how the gov had given it up a couple of years ago. Checking my facts, I might be wrong...

This is what I was thinking of:

Law of the Sea

The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea states, “Rocks which cannot sustain human habitation or economic life of their own shall have no exclusive economic zone or continental shelf.” Ireland, Denmark, and Iceland all acceded to the convention. The United Kingdom acceded to the convention on 25 July 1997.
          Last edited by BrowneIssue; 2 March 2009, 12:48. Reason: ... checking facts...
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Surprised the politicians are being so harsh on the banks really....

Especially when they'll be wanting to take up non-exec director roles there when they come to be voted out/retire as many politicians do?
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Can't. This dozy government even gave that away. Including the oil, mineral and fishing rights that went with it.

Stupid, ignorant, arrogant sods.

Edit... I recall reading, at some length, how the gov had given it up a couple of years ago. Checking my facts, I might be wrong...

This is what I was thinking of:
              So The United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, and Iceland have been bickering over Rockall. Tell me; is El Gordo particularly popular in any of these countries? Wouldn't just seal any agreement on Rockall to denote it as a 'disposal zone for failed 'Prime Ministers', to be used at the discretion of the 4 contesting powers?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

SAS, you're in Banking aren't you? Sounds like you are scared of getting lynched by Swampy et al.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I agree with sasguru. But then again I am him and we are Spartacus.

Comment

17 days to go...
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X