• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If IT Contractors conducted business like RyanAir...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If IT Contractors conducted business like RyanAir...

Following on from RyanAir possibly charging for use of toilets, I'm opening this one up for abuse!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

My daily rate - £5.

Client: Great, can you start 8.30 tomorrow morning?

Yes of course. You do realise that I charge £70 for a start pre-12? Don't worry, you're still getting me very cheaply..

Client: Ok, that sounds reasonable. Now you are happy working with Solaris?

Yes, of course, plenty of experience there, and I only charge £80 daily for the Unix annoyance factor....

etc etc
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

You want validation on that form?
      This is discretionary and will incur a charge of £50, plus a checking-in charge of £20.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I am charging each of you £1 to read my reply to this thread. Payments by Paypal please...

Comment

Rate: £1 an hour
          Surcharge for not being asleep: £59 an hour
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Rate: £1 an hour
            Surcharge for not being asleep: £59 an hour
            Surcharge for not spending all day posting on CUK; 40 pounds per hour.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              My daily rate - £5.

Client: Great, can you start 8.30 tomorrow morning?

Yes of course. You do realise that I charge £70 for a start pre-12? Don't worry, you're still getting me very cheaply..

Client: Ok, that sounds reasonable. Now you are happy working with Solaris?

Yes, of course, plenty of experience there, and I only charge £80 daily for the Unix annoyance factor....

etc etc
              Wouldn't work.

Client would simply start charging for access to CUK.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                I am charging each of you £1 to read my reply to this thread. Payments by Paypal please...
                Western Union.

Com on... get with it.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

PPS £15.00

I'll leave you to figure out what PPS stands for.
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    PPS £15.00

I'll leave you to figure out what PPS stands for.
                    Price per shytte
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X