• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve Vs Monster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Of course, this will just result in them bombarding you with calls...but when you're on the bench, calls are better than nowt!
    99p beers

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      More calls from Monster than Jobserve. I suspect it costs the agents less than Jobserve.
      Correct.

Monster is cheap for agents to use to search for CVs. That's why the CV-rewriting 'services' and other such spammers use it too.

a) Put your CV in Monster because it is cheap for agents to search Monster and so they all do.

b) Use a different email address on your Monster CV from any other so you can spot the spam.

c) Never respond to anything that comes in from Monster that isn't a proper gig from a recognised agency.

d) Do NOT distribute this information to Bob Shawadiwadi.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
      X