• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve Vs Monster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve Vs Monster

Hi All,

Just a quick post to see the response, I have my CV on Jobserve and Monster and usually Jobserve is my default site for jobsearches etc...however in the las few days all my calls have been from agencies that have picked up my CV from monster, I not really used this site before and was wondering, are they much the same, or, is there more coming up on Monster recently?

What site do you use?
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    Hi All,

Just a quick post to see the response, I have my CV on Jobserve and Monster and usually Jobserve is my default site for jobsearches etc...however in the las few days all my calls have been from agencies that have picked up my CV from monster, I not really used this site before and was wondering, are they much the same, or, is there more coming up on Monster recently?

What site do you use?
    I use Andyw. He's my favourite Search Buddy. He finds all my contracts for me.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I never post my CV on either site because it would only make annoying twats phone me up and talk tulip at me.

I have enough of those in my life already...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I have never found many worthwhile contracts to apply for on monster, but jobserve definitely for me has proved more relevant for Project Management role searches.

My CV is on both too - most calls I get from Agencies 'out of the blue' have found my cv on Monster though.
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

More calls from Monster than Jobserve. I suspect it costs the agents less than Jobserve. No discernable difference in the quality of calls, usual fishing/real role ratio.

Comment

Jobserve is cheaper than Monster to post an advertisement.
            Any "quality" roles that come my way always seem to be via a agent looking at my CV on Jobserve. Any er not so quality roles seem to come from an Agent reading my CV on Monster. Monster repeatedly looses your personal data to hackers. Jobserve has a better search facility.

That's my 2p worth.

Comment

Yes, as above, calls where the agent is searching come from Monster, when I'm looking myself I go to Jobserve. I've had at least two contracts originate from the Monster calls, so no complaints here. But I find their search interface does my head in. Don't think I've got any work by responding to ads on Monster anyway. A strange paradox.

Comment

Jobsite is actually meant to be the best one - a few agents have told me that they have an excellent search feature for agents where any new CV (or modified CV) posted onto Jobsite gets emailed to them immediately.

Of course, this will just result in them bombarding you with calls...but when you're on the bench, calls are better than nowt!

I've never used Monster though - ever. Not even been on for a look!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

I have actually found about 80% of my work the last 5 years from Jobsite. I don't seem to have needed anything else, upto now that is.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I have found Monster to be much more credible in terms of calls which talk about REAL roles. I got my current gig off Monster and have a good 3 other calls directly from companies from there

Comment

Working...
                    X