• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quantitative Easing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantitative Easing

QE to be started this week

good or bad ?
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    If it's Brown's (or Darling's) idea then it must be bad.
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Good if you have debts and are paid in foreign currencies.

Bad if you have savings/pension pot and are paid in £££.

Comment

Pound holding up, or does it slide when they start.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I reckon it will slide when we're carrying our loose change in a wheel-barrow.

Comment

We didn't need a wheelbarrow to buy a loaf when the credit boom ramped up.
            You did need to trade in a ferrari for a ex-council flat though.

QE and the credit boom, basically the same thing.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Pound holding up, or does it slide when they start.
              I'm no expert, but my impression is that it's like a large snowball stuck on a steep snow-covered hillside.

For now it's stuck in a rut and they're pushing against it as hard as they can to try and budge it. But as soon as it does start moving, it'll roll faster and faster and grow ever larger and soon they won't be able to stop it!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I'm no expert, but my impression is that it's like a large snowball stuck on a steep snow-covered hillside.
                One of those two statements sound about right.
                The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I'm already short £. Wouldnt be suprised to see 1.35 level this week.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

If you want to see the results of quantitative easing just study the recent economic performance of Zimbabwe.

Comment

Working...
                    X