• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

puzzle for the brain boxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<hands over mars bar>

At least I have plenty of company at the bottom of the class.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      <hands over mars bar>

At least I have plenty of company at the bottom of the class.
      lol

come on guys, it's not hard. You'll really enjoy part 2

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

EO hasn't actually told us what we're supposed to achieve with his long room, bits of string and planks.

The answer is perhaps 'so what?'
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Carry on about your day?

There's no objective in the puzzle.

"Keep them at 24,000"
          "No, feet"

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            you owe me a mars bar. go to the bottom of the class

My answer was fine. It could be improved by burning the string too, but that can be done after they have been used as ear rings for a while. I eagerly anticipate receipt of my Mars bar.

Comment

Assuming that I am in the room and have to escape it, then could I not just tie the wood to my feet and walk out ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                EO hasn't actually told us what we're supposed to achieve with his long room, bits of string and planks.

The answer is perhaps 'so what?'
                no philosophy please
                you owe me a mars bar. go to the bottom of the class

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

I maybe missing something but is the point to get to the door at the other end of the room? If your in the room when your given the items your already touching the floor so your out. Can the pieces of wood/string touch the floor? How wide/long is the room? So many questions, I need a Mars bar now.

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
                    Assuming that I am in the room and have to escape it, then could I not just tie the wood to my feet and walk out ?

Correct. M_B wins a mars bar. Make a pair of sandals by knotting the string, threading it through, knotting it again, slip your feet in them and walk across the floor.

PART 2

You have the same task, this time you have one piece of wood and one piece of string

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      Correct. M_B wins a mars bar. Make a pair of sandals by knotting the string, threading it through, knotting it again, slip your feet in them and walk across the floor.

PART 2

You have the same task, this time you have one piece of wood and one piece of string

hop
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X