• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving early

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving early

Hi, I started on a Coach contract which quickly became a very high pressue mgt role (not happy, particularly as the previous coaches were just coaches). It has become a horrid nightmare since then - if I was an employee I'd be suing for bullying and harassment but I just want to go. Trying to get paid is a nightmare, after three months I still don't have the basic pre-requisites - and quite frankly if I'm spoken to insidiously one more time I'll belt someone.

I have a 1 month notice period, they have 7 days. I terminated last Friday but quite frankly do not want to sit around in this hole for the next month being cajoled - So far I've had three meetings with the client who seem to think minor things are going to make me change my mind - I don't even think they are taking it seriously! I just want to get their project planned and go - plus there is a quite nice opportunity around if I can leave within the next week.

Any tips on how I can just get up and go after the planning is complete?

'I have broken my leg so can't attend site. I can work from home if that helps.'
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by juliehendry View Post
      Hi, I started on a Coach contract which quickly became a very high pressue mgt role (not happy, particularly as the previous coaches were just coaches). It has become a horrid nightmare since then - if I was an employee I'd be suing for bullying and harassment but I just want to go. Trying to get paid is a nightmare, after three months I still don't have the basic pre-requisites - and quite frankly if I'm spoken to insidiously one more time I'll belt someone.

I have a 1 month notice period, they have 7 days. I terminated last Friday but quite frankly do not want to sit around in this hole for the next month being cajoled - So far I've had three meetings with the client who seem to think minor things are going to make me change my mind - I don't even think they are taking it seriously! I just want to get their project planned and go - plus there is a quite nice opportunity around if I can leave within the next week.

Any tips on how I can just get up and go after the planning is complete?
      Without knowing enough about your contract, you are better off speaking to a contract lawyer / expert. There is a possibility that you will have to pay an exit fee if you leave sooner rather than later.... regardless of who is at fault.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

What the hell is a coach?

Standard advice is to wait until the tea trolley comes around and then stick you n0b in all of the jam donuts. They will exercise their 7 day notice in a blink of an eye.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post

Standard advice is to wait until the tea trolley comes around and then stick you n0b in all of the jam donuts. They will exercise their 7 day notice in a blink of an eye.
          Just realised you dont have a n0b. Sorry, you're stuck there then.
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            'I have broken my leg so can't attend site. I can work from home if that helps.'
            "will break your legs if I" ?
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm leaving at 4:30 today, does that help?
              Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                been sh*ging a few people last night
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                  It’s one of those buses with tellies and fridges that takes peasants on holiday.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nice use of "insidiously"..... just what this forum needs erudite, loquatious posters!

...... just get up and go.....

Comment

Working...
                    X