• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown speaking to US Congress now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The twit had to drop in a story about a "poor African baby"
    Are they making African babies listen to this twaddle as well?

That's a crime against humanity.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Are they making African babies listen to this twaddle as well?

That's a crime against humanity.
      You have to listen to it, nearly pushed up my breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        You have to listen to it, nearly pushed up my breakfast.
        I wasn't exaggerating when I said it was cringeworthy!!!

Maybe I should have given a warning to people with a full stomach first though
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          I wasn't exaggerating when I said it was cringeworthy!!!

Maybe I should have given a warning to people with a full stomach first though
          Thank God I do not have a sensitive gag response.

Comment

Interesting. Of all the email comments the British Broadcasting Corporation could choose to publish they go for this one:

1649 BB, Toronto, Canada: "The British PM should not apologise for the economy. It wasn't Britain that engaged in credit default swaps or other derivatives."
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7924064.stm

Edit: telling that this was chosen particularly as it is utter bollocks as well.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE ME HAS BEEN SAYING IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT, BROWN TELLS AMERICA

In a keynote speech to the US Congress Mr Brown said he was 'shocked, shocked I tell you' to discover that a man claiming to be the British prime minister has used every possible opportunity over the last 12 months to lay the blame squarely at America's door.

The prime minister said: "He goes on television and says 'the economic crisis originated in America and then spread across the globe'. That's his catchphrase. But get this, right, the caption at the bottom of the screen says 'Gordon Brown, Prime Minister'.

"And I'm just sitting there watching it, thinking 'bloody cheek!'. And then I go into the office and everyone's saying 'good interview, prime minister' and I'm like, 'for ****'s sake, it wasn't me, okay?'.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
              X