• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices 'could fall by further 55 per cent'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTLs can fall 80% from stupidly high levels, just the same as shares will during this depression, because they were bought on the same principle of shares on the rise, without any thought to sustainability, but purely for profit.
    However, larger properties that are not 'ten a penny' will not fall by this amount at all. I predicted an AVERAGE 30% drop throughout the market, and I will stick to that now that demand is picking up.

Comment

Which Average?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
        Which Average?
        Average of the housing market as a whole throughout the country.

Comment

Yes but which Average?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
            Yes but which Average?
            What do you Mean?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              What do you Mean?

I think he's in awkward Mode

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                If so, why is every home called "a great investment" and living there is all about "adding value".?
                A story about selling my first house. The estate agent was moaning at me that I "hadn't done anything" to my house. Well no, I hadn't lashed out on double glazing, new central heating, new kitchen and bathroom, a garage etc, but when I compared it with the house half a dozen doors away who had done all that, they probably hadn't made a penny on their "added value". Granted, they'd had the use of the extras and their's sold in days where mine took a couple of months, but quids in they were not.
                Last edited by Sysman; 12 March 2009, 16:24.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X