• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Well?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Well?
    Bread itself of course. How else will you slice it?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      Bread itself of course. How else will you slice it?
      I would have went for knives
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

According to Yahoo answers, sliced bread (or more accurately, the bread-slicer) was invented in 1928.

thefreedictionary defines best to mean Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent so it is a bit subjective.

A quick glance down the list of all inventions compiled on Wikipedia, I'd like to suggest the best thing before 1928, (like the bread slicer perhaps the 'most useful') is the ballpoint pen in 1888.

Any other suggestions?
        "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          I would have went for knives
          That's 'coz you is psycho, innit?

Btw, did you get a parking ticket and how is your day so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            That's 'coz you is psycho, innit?

Btw, did you get a parking ticket and how is your day so far?

My day is much improved today thank you My parking ticket was bought AND placed on dashboard with relative ease
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
              According to Yahoo answers, sliced bread (or more accurately, the bread-slicer) was invented in 1928.

thefreedictionary defines best to mean Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent so it is a bit subjective.

A quick glance down the list of all inventions compiled on Wikipedia, I'd like to suggest the best thing, (like the bread slicer perhaps the 'most useful') is the ballpoint pen in 1888.

Any other suggestions?
              The best thing since sliced bread would be the Nuclear/Atomic Weapon. It's done more for peace and stability than any other invention.

Think about it, every other weapon has been invented to kill, once the demonstration was over (Hiroshima and Nagasaki), it's never been used in anger since.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                The best thing since sliced bread would be the Nuclear/Atomic Weapon. It's done more for peace and stability than any other invention.

Think about it, every other weapon has been invented to kill, once the demonstration was over (Hiroshima and Nagasaki), it's never been used in anger since.
                Dont you think nuclear weapons chit-chat is a little heavy for 7:39 am?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

My day is much improved today thank you My parking ticket was bought AND placed on dashboard with relative ease
                  No, I meant a penalty ticket yesterday.

See, things can only get better!

Comment

Dont you think nuclear weapons chit-chat is a little heavy for 7:39 am?
                    Don't you worry your pretty little head about it, mens talk. Now, put the kettle on love I'm spitting feathers here!

Comment

Working...
                    X