• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pound kicks Dollar's arse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pound kicks Dollar's arse

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7952319.stm

The dollar has fallen against all major currencies after the US Federal Reserve announced a plan to buy $1.2tn (£843bn) of debt to boost its economy.

The dollar fell by 2.7% against the euro and by 2.2% against the pound.

The US currency also declined against the yen, the Norwegian krone, the Australian dollar and Brazilian real.

The Fed's decision to buy debt means it is effectively creating new money, leading to concern from investors about the over-supply of dollars.

Dollar rally ends

The dollar traded at $1.428 against the pound, its lowest since late February.

I see Gold is shooting up and so are commodities. FIAT currencies are becoming worthless as the major banks head for the printing presses. Fill yer wheelbarrows!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    [url]
    I see Gold is shooting up ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7952319.stm

The dollar has fallen against all major currencies after the US Federal Reserve announced a plan to buy $1.2tn (£843bn) of debt to boost its economy.

The dollar fell by 2.7% against the euro and by 2.2% against the pound.

The US currency also declined against the yen, the Norwegian krone, the Australian dollar and Brazilian real.

The Fed's decision to buy debt means it is effectively creating new money, leading to concern from investors about the over-supply of dollars.

Dollar rally ends

The dollar traded at $1.428 against the pound, its lowest since late February.

I see Gold is shooting up and so are commodities. FIAT currencies are becoming worthless as the major banks head for the printing presses. Fill yer wheelbarrows!

Norwegian Krone is looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        Norwegian Krone is looking good.
        Indeed. Apparently there's a few getting worried that the Swiss will vote in changes to their banks secrecy laws, so they're doing a runner.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Sasguru and his missus boomed!

Only a couple left though

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Indeed. Apparently there's a few getting worried that the Swiss will vote in changes to their banks secrecy laws, so they're doing a runner.
            Yep its looking the Roll could be over for the Swiss.

Also - do you remember we used to have a poster named MailMan who would constantly remind us of how wonderful and superior the US economy was ane how vital thr Iraq War was - just wondering why he is now notable by his absence?

Comment

Still GBP-USD is about 2% down as compare to last month.

Comment

Also - do you remember we used to have a poster named MailMan who would constantly remind us of how wonderful and superior the US economy was ane how vital thr Iraq War was - just wondering why he is now notable by his absence?
                In an ideal world Mailman put his money where his mouth is, volunteered for the war in Iraq and is busy fighting the baddies.
                But more likely he got sacked from his role sorting mail in the mailroom.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

In an ideal world Mailman put his money where his mouth is, volunteered for the war in Iraq and is busy fighting the baddies.
                  But more likely he got sacked from his role sorting mail in the mailroom.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

In other news, Euro kicks Pound's arse.

(I will be finding out myself when I go skiing on Saturday...)
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X