• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom in technicolour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom in technicolour

Apologies if this has already been posted.

2009 Doom in colour

It brings home the stupidity of it all. Unemployed people desperately looking for work. Unemployed homes that need people to finish building them. Unsold cars that could take people to the homes that need finishing. Unused containers and cranes that could move the materials onto ships and bring them to the homes that need finishing and the people who do the finishing.

It's a damning indictment of human stupidity that we can't seem to find a way out of this waste. I'm not saying communism would be better; that was even worse, but there must be a better way to do things than this.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      It brings home the stupidity of it all. Unemployed people desperately looking for work. Unemployed homes that need people to finish building them. Unsold cars that could take people to the homes that need finishing. Unused containers and cranes that could move the materials onto ships and bring them to the homes that need finishing and the people who do the finishing.

It's a damning indictment of human stupidity that we can't seem to find a way out of this waste. I'm not saying communism would be better; that was even worse, but there must be a better way to do things than this.
      The answer is in the bible: Deuteronomy 15:1
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I don't apply for jobs that I'm not capable of doing. It is becoming clear that all politicians do.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          The answer is in the bible: Deuteronomy 15:1
          No, that's been tried before too. It led to lots of nasty wars, some of which continue to this day.

Comment

I like the Antarctica Big Picture they did.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...ntarctica.html

Comment

Deut: 15:1 "At the end of every seven-year period you shall have a relaxation of debts, "

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              No, that's been tried before too. It led to lots of nasty wars, some of which continue to this day.
              Did it?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Deut: 15:1 "At the end of every seven-year period you shall have a relaxation of debts, "

Did it?
                Oh that bit. Oh all right, sounds fun. Should I rush out and max out my credit cards first? Perhaps I'll buy a Maserati on HP.

I don't think Mrs Tester could survive a seven year period though.

Comment

Depression hits losers the hardest
                  From the onion. Classic.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Christo en bici!

One family bought a 2,062-square foot home in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York for just $12, 500 or $6 per square foot, according to the New York Post.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X