• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uh Oh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh Oh

Just seen my exact contract advertised by my agency, and as far as I'm aware the customer I work for hasn't said they were looking for additional contractors.

Should I be worried?

Yes.

HTH
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

No. It's just an agency trawl for CVs.

Oh it's no good, I can't keep a straight face.

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        No. It's just an agency trawl for CVs.

Oh it's no good, I can't keep a straight face.

Yes.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Guess I should have fixed that server problem on Friday afternoon instead of legging it early.

Still, it was easy money while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
            Guess I should have fixed that server problem on Friday afternoon instead of legging it early.

Still, it was easy money while it lasted.
            Oh, don't let the bastards here upset you.

What's happened is you've sent your CV or updated your details somewhere, and some agency has taken it almost verbatim and put it up on Jobserve.

A lot of adverts on Jobserve are like that. Just read them: if they read like a secretaries short hand from a second car dealers understanding of what a project manager said, then it's maybe a real job, if, on the other hand it reads like someone with a clue writ it, then its been ripped from someone's CV and therefore most likely a fake.

HTH
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Call agency up using another name and see what you can find out.
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I onced had a Agent phone me up and tell he had the perfect job for me, exact same skills set and that my CV was a perfect match, it was the job I had just resigned from.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Oh, don't let the bastards here upset you.
                  HTH

I never bother reading JS unless I actually am looking for another contract - I certainly wouldn't bother fretting myself over this...

(But you did ask for it...)
                  Last edited by cojak; 22 March 2009, 15:52.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I never bother reading JS unless I actually am looking for another contract - I certainly wouldn't bother fretting myself over this...

(But you did ask for it...)
                    Who's fretting, theres plenty more work out there!

Comment

Working...
                    X