• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorden bennet the market is quiet..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorden bennet the market is quiet..

Already 9.20am and not one single phone call - should I be concerned?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I provide a contractor 'feel good' phone call service.
    for £5 a week I make random calls offering an interview for .net contracts at £100 an hour.
    for £10, I then follow up with a call telling you that you were just too damned good for the role

whats yer number

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Are you Threaded? If not then no
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        for £5 a week I make random calls offering an interview for .net contracts at £100 an hour.
        for £10, I then follow up with a call telling you that you were just too damned good for the role

whats yer number

This seems to be the MO of quite a few agents. I don't know who's paying them £10 a go, though.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

10:16 - first enquiry of the day!

phew... was worried there
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've had two phone calls in three months and you're worried about 50 minutes!

tim

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

whats yer number

Don't forget the surcharge for 'reviewing references' with a penalty for not sending them through promptly. It just wouldn't have that sense of realism if references were not demanded

Comment

I've just had an agent phone me to say "the client has filled the role internally".

Not me phone and chase them, they voluntarily phoned me! I don't think that has happened before.

How bored must they be?
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  I've just had an agent phone me to say "the client has filled the role internally".

Not me phone and chase them, they voluntarily phoned me! I don't think that has happened before.

How bored must they be?
                  Very, by the sound of things. I had an agency phone me up yesterday saying that they are still waiting to hear from a client in Newport. At least they are calling, which can be a good thing.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

How bored must they be?
                    I had one who was so bored he waited a week for me to return from my holiday to phone me to tell me that the job was still open and that I should send him a CV.

And when I did that, he phoned me to tell me that the client had changed the spec (last week) and that I wasn't suitable for this new spec.

he could have done the whole thing in one Phone call instead of two.

But then he wouldn't have got a CV with some new leads on it. Though quite how he thinks there are going to be any leads on it I can't understand. If any of the clients I have worked for over the past 10 years were currently recruiting I would be working there and not have been on the bench for three months!

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X