• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The PC Brigade Strike again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does a black man say as he crosses the pelican crossing.....

Now you see me, now you don't.... now you see me, now you don't....

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
      Del Boy falls through the bar... trigger pulls a face
      Was it his 'sex face'?
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

What's the odd one out ?

a shrimp, a baked bean or a black man under a bus ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          What's the odd one out ?

a shrimp, a baked bean or a black man under a bus ?
          Something to do with crustaceans?
          Blood in your poo

Comment

A sikh kareoke singer....Gerrupta Singh
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Joke would have been funny if it was correct!

Mahatma Gandhi was Indian, from the state of Gujarat. EPIC FAIL!

Overly PC nonsense in this country has got way out of hand, can't even make a funny these days.

Are all "Irishman, Englishman and a Scotsman" jokes conssiderd offensive now as well?

Comment

The radio station is in error. They said that it was "unacceptable" This is not so. They may not accept it, but that does not mean that it is not able to be accepted.

And there is the essence of PC. I will decide for you.

Comment

In "Mrs Doubtfire" the character claimed to be from Scotland, and was asked what language they speak in Scotland. Robin Williams replied "Pakistani".

Is anyone entitled to be offended by that? Can I, as a Scot, be mortally offended by this as a racist comment? Or would it be racist of me to be offended by the thought of speaking "Pakistani"?

Or could I just let it go, and maybe even laugh at it?

PS I know that there is real racism, and I do believe that it is wrong. There are also jokes, but I am becoming concerned for their safety.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    In "Mrs Doubtfire" the character claimed to be from Scotland, and was asked what language they speak in Scotland. Robin Williams replied "Pakistani".

Is anyone entitled to be offended by that? Can I, as a Scot, be mortally offended by this as a racist comment? Or would it be racist of me to be offended by the thought of speaking "Pakistani"?

Or could I just let it go, and maybe even laugh at it?

PS I know that there is real racism, and I do believe that it is wrong. There are also jokes, but I am becoming concerned for their safety.
                    If I try to speak like a Welshman I end up sounding like an Indian, and if i try to speak like an Indian, I end up sounding like a Welshman.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Real problem is it is a BAD joke and inaccurate as others have pointed out, showing the complete ignorance of the man.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X