• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't mention this to the Wife or GF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    The test group for the vaccine trials was 16 - 24 year old females. In their wisdom, someone decided that the vaccine should be routinely given to girls of 13 (pre-puberty in many cases).

Reports coming from the test-nation of everything medical, the USA, have some very disturbing results, from headaches and blisters, to seizures, paralysis and death. I'd say that's a valid reason to object to putting your daughter forward as an unpaid guineapig; my own will be eligible very shortly but she won't be having it until there's been far more independent testing, or until she's old enough to decide for herself.
    That's a valid reason if it's correct (scientifically verified) and not just some press based on religious or political lobby nonesense.

Comment

But it cures acne.

So it's swings and roundabouts, I guess.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
        Strangely weird.....What religion these "religious people" follow?
        Christianity.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Yep, they wanted to give it to teenage girls via the schools but some of the religious ones kicked up a fuss (not sure if it was just Catholic) -
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7633761.stm

Yep that was our local Catholic secondary school, they talked some boll0cks about a school not being the right place for this kind of thing and that it should take place in a clinical environment - The governors are stupid and uninformed and seem to think that it would encourage promiscuity.
          Since this happened I am seriously reconsidering where to send Pogle jnr when she finishes junior school. - either that, or get on the board of governors........

It made me VERY cross
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Apparently much the same virus is found in prostate cancers... again related to number of partners etc.
            mmm difficult one.

Live to a ripe old age as a monk or sh@g myself to death by the time I am 55 ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Don't overlook the fact that the virus may pass the other way!

Comment

Working...
              X