• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time Off Should Be Fun But Isnt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mate who stays local got made redundant from his job, his Wife won't let him meet me during the day as she thinks I will be a bad influence on him. I mean how sad is that?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      My mate who stays local got made redundant from his job, his Wife won't let him meet me during the day as she thinks I will be a bad influence on him. I mean how sad is that?
      Is it unfounded?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
        Is it unfounded?
        Well, myself and my other friend that is off just have the occasional afternoon meeting of the famous grouse club.

His problem is that he is one of these wee guys that says he will have one drink then the next thing he is trying to breakdance on the pub floor after 8 pints of stella. His wife thinks that is our fault.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I've just seen your avatar, DiscoStu, and don't think I can touch my mouse anymore...
          It seems familar somehow ... I just cant quite put my finger on it....
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
            When you are a student you get tons of free time and it's brilliant - why ? Simple it's because all your mates are in the same boat so you can do stuff or just hang out and still enjoy it.
            Ok, so you might be the sort of total propellor head who has solitary hobbies (mostly involving the internet) but most are fairly sociable.
            You get benched when in this game and all the people you might hook up with are still at work = downer.
            Solution - The first social network for benched contractors, linked by location and activity e.g. anyone fancy Chill Factore, karting, game of golf, pie and a pint wednesday afto ?
            Who knows you might make new friends and network opportunities. Ok, they might turn up dressed as Boba Fett but at least it gives you something to talk about !
            Right, website please benched webdevs, second thoughts just a hookup thread might cover it....
            I've been working in Manc for a couple years and know a few people on the bench who are doing a similar thing - well the golf and beer anyway - and the weathers crap for golf at the moment.... so just beer.. I'd join them but still in contract at the mo. I've been benched before and friends who work in 24/7 shift jobs are a godsend for company as they are also kicking around on a boring tuesday afternoon with nothing to do..
            The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              It seems familar somehow ... I just cant quite put my finger on it....
              Coat madam?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                His problem is that he is one of these wee guys that says he will have one drink then the next thing he is trying to breakdance on the pub floor after 8 pints of stella. His wife thinks that is our fault.
                That's what I would think to be honest.

Comment

Did you get through all the stuff on your list named "stuff to do when I'm on the bench, because I'm too busy working?"

Comment

Working...
                  X