• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do while on the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use various free pod casts (and other means) to gain fluency in a foreign language.
    Learn those web skills you'd always been interested in.
    Get an allotment and grow your own spuds - for when the war chest runs out.
    Start gemming up on all the benefit rules - you've paid enough taxes over the years. Time to take back what you're entitled to.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Use various free pod casts (and other means) to gain fluency in a foreign language.
      Start gemming up on all the benefit rules - you've paid enough taxes over the years. Time to take back what you're entitled to.
      Thanks MrMark
      I have paid enough taxes over the years in all the countries that I've worked
      but not enough taxes in the country where I actually live.
      To claim benefit in Belgium at my age you need to work 600 something days over the last 360 days. Working in Switzerland,Germany,France and UK does not count.
      Took up walking last weekend - 10km of flat boring county side.
      The beer at the end made it worth while.

Comment

Working...
      X