• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget 2009 - What does it mean for contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Does this mean IR35 is being scrapped?!! Or am I just reading what I want to hear?
    I think it means there will be new anti-avoidance measures, which are (let's face it) likely to hit dividends from "closed companies" or whatever jargon they apply to us these days.

Comment

Looks like the attack on Income Shifting is still on ice!

At the 2008 Pre-Budget Report action on income shifting was deferred and, consequently, no legislation will be brought forward in the Finance Bill. The Government will keep this issue under review.

Comment

What is Capital Allowance?

It says "Business's Capital Alowance rate doubled to 40%".
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Looks like a big fat nothing in the budget for us contractors. Which has to be seen as good news
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            What is Capital Allowance?

It says "Business's Capital Alowance rate doubled to 40%".
            All this will do is accelerate the tax benefit so a larger company will receive the tax benefit earlier than it would have. There is no extra tax given away.

As a small company you will already have 100% allowances (upto £50K per annum), so it will not directly benefit you.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              Looks like a big fat nothing in the budget for us contractors. Which has to be seen as good news
              Agreed - have read as much as it is possible to read of the full report without needing frontal lobe surgery and it seems that contractors are being ignored this time........other than the tax increases obviously
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                Agreed - have read as much as it is possible to read of the full report without needing frontal lobe surgery and it seems that contractors are being ignored this time........other than the tax increases obviously
                Yay!!!!!

That BJ I gave Alistair Darling must have been worth it then

You're all welcome!!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

I'm no economist but it seems to me that this government needs some common sense. If you tax people 50% of their income plus NI they will earn less than the Government get in taxes. Who would accept a job at those terms? And thats not the only common sense lacking.

£2000 to scrap your car - ok but to buy a Car you need a Job and don't tell me your going to re-train us because this recession has hit those over 25 and in professional jobs.

If you really want to help the economy why don't you start be stopping all this cheap and rubbish Outsourcing going on as well as allowing cheaper labour in to our country, it is this that is killing employment levels, not just some dodgy bankers who failed GCSE Maths.

I have nothing against foreign workers but they should be paid the same as us however they should pay more NI because they need to make back payments for their use of the NHS etc...

Same for the unemployed when you return to work you have to pay a small amount more on your NI for however long you were off work as back payment for your benefits so its more of a loan.

I would also stop all expenses for MP's Full Stop, you wanted the job so live with the salary like the rest of us have to (well sort of !)

Ok Rant over!

Comment

I love you Sally Anne

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                      I love you Sally Anne
                      You'll need to have the power to set tax rates...

Comment

Working...
                      X