• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Social Services haven't learned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I got that threat too : in the case of my ex she threatened to say I was abusing the kids.
    Thats exactly whats happened to my friend... but she has dropped the allegations now. Although the police were obliged to look into it Really really horrible - those poor kids.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

so it's more common than I thought then.

My flabber was well and truly gasted when he told me that story.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I got that threat too : in the case of my ex she threatened to say I was abusing the kids.
        Perhaps having this conversation recorded would have helped? Not admissible in court but can be enough to ruin reputation of the accuser and deter them from using such false accusations.

If she knew you were abusing the kids and did not report it in time then she is complicit in this abuse, a bit of a crazy strategy to follow...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Perhaps having this conversation recorded would have helped? Not admissible in court but can be enough to ruin reputation of the accuser and deter them from using such false accusations.

If she knew you were abusing the kids and did not report it in time then she is complicit in this abuse, a bit of a crazy strategy to follow...
          Its a good point : and later I did start recording all conversations. I still have the one of her offering to give up the kids.

Amazing how many women make allegations then decide they need a babysitter for the weekend and hand the kids over to the alledged perpetrator!

Did I tell you about the woman who wanted to stop her ex seeing the kids so kept breastfeeding the kids : although they were 4.5 years old!!!!!

Its all in the past for me now.

Comment

Marriage should come with standard contract that both sides sign and if they don't then default legal contract is in force that will deal with all such issues.

If I was running these things I'd put an end to problems caused by divorces

Comment

Used to work with a real tough nut. His dad was jailed for abusing both him and his kid sister. When he was let out of jail, Social Services housed his dad next door

He went straight to Social Services and told them to move him or he would kill his dad.

They didn't!

He did!

And now he's banged away for life...
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                The assumption that children are better off with their parents is wrong. As is the assumption that children are better off with their mother...
                It's ok - the government has a new assumption, which fits in nicely with their baseline stalinistic approach. "Children are better off being looked after by the state".

Every few years the same headlines come around. "Social services need urgent reform". But nothing changes.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The voters get the society they deserve. I would never vote for a government that effectively legalised drugs, as they did with cannabis, or treated all relationships on a par with marriage, and allowed homosexuals to adopt in preference to the grandparents of the child. Is it any wonder that our society is in a mess.

Comment

Had quite a long chat with the grandad today, and he ran through a whole list of things that had happened, any one of which would make you think the mum and step-dad are not suitable to raise the children. For example:

. the step-dad being caught selling drugs from his car....with the kids in the back.
                    . armed police being called to their flat, and the step-dad trying to escape by climbing onto the roof.
                    . the step-dad spending most of his adult life in prison.
                    . the mum having bruises on her face when social services called to assess them.
                    . people breaking into their flat and holding the step-dad at knife point, while the kids were asleep in their bedroom.
                    . the step-dad threatening some of the mums at the school where the girls will be going.
                    . the social worker who wrote the report being a trainee.
                    . the social services report containing the words "serial offender", "violent", "drugs", but saying the care they will receive will be "good enough".
                    . the step-dad losing it outside the courtroom because he wasn't allowed in, and having to be restrained.

What's happening here is totally shocking, unbelieveable, disgraceful. A tragedy waiting to happen.

I feel like I want to do something. What can I do? Should I get involved?

Comment

Working...
                    X