• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carpet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet

Having a revamp of the house, long overdue.
    Will be with one eye on a sale in the next 12 months, consequently we are talking fair amounts of magnolia.
    Need to replace carpets also, any recommendations for a good match, something sandy with some texture (no coloured patterns of course) ? Had a recent rented gaff with similar colour scheme but the cheapo carpet showed every single spec.
    Cheers all !

someone got this login mixed up with the Wilmslow login?
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Aye, permies are ******, neighbours even worse, 200 mile round trip blah blah.
      There are 'experts' on everything on the planet on here, since no-one is working surely someone has been revamping interiors !

Comment

Just get off the drugs.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Cheap carpet will look like cheap carpet.

Go to Allied Carpet and see what they have on special. It's normally worth buying good underlay, but not if you're moving out. You can buy underlay on the Internet very cheaply and get Allied to fit it with your carpet as they usually make a big profit on underlay.

HTH
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Instead of Magnolia, I went for what is/was called Dulux Wild Primrose. It works as well as Magnolia but there's no beige/brown in it, it's just a very mild yellow.

When I was looking at carpet samples, there were two ranges to chose from, one offering 15 different colours, and one offering 15 different shades of sandy/beige. I chose one of the lighter ones from the latter. (Flat had blue carpets when I bought it, it's amazing how much brighter a lighter colour made it.)

Comment

Put down parquet. Or, better, granite.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

where's Tay. We need his insight here I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                X