• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York, New York

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York, New York

The New York planning meeting on Saturday was a great success. Thanks for all the hints n tips, particularly BGG , the idea of the laughter police in restaurants left everyone gobsmacked.
    I was making the cocktails for the girlies, Manhattens, JD mixers and chocolate mountains, and supplying them with bagels and hot dogs, and I was wearing a dicky bow. After an hour or so I took the dicky bow off and wrapped two feet of black ribbon around my neck.
    All the girlies were very impressed that I knew how to tie up a dickie bow properly till the missus found my 'dickie bow on elastic' and chucked it on the table
    busted

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Reminds me of one of AtW's lunch threads ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Reminds me of one of AtW's lunch threads ...
      Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike, we've all gone to look for America,

sorry, did you say something

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Here's some restaurant tips for ya (Some of my favourites):

Best steak in NYC (Possibly the world): Smith and Wollenskys. Book ahead.

Best Mexican - Dos Caminos on Houston - they make fantastic Margaritas!

Cool cheap eats - Cubana Cafe on Thomason, got to get the corn - one of the best snacks you will ever eat!

Best fusion/cool crowd - Sushi Samba on Av 7 (Brazilian/Sushi fusion, better book ahead).

Simply Amazing food - Spce Market in the meat packing district, book ahead.

Bars - oldest in new york, still serve beer in two flavours in their own measure - McSorleys, well worth a visit.

Anything in East Village is good usually (Edgier kind of area).

Bars in Soho - where I lived. Merc bar is good, Sway Lounge, The Anchor)
        Off to a meeting, I'll think of more.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
        X