• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

J2EE Book Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J2EE Book Advice

Sorry to be a bore but can one of you Java experts recommend a good J2EE book suitable for someone who is a C++/multithreading/Design Patterns expert already? i.e. doesn't blather on too much about how to write OO but gets down to the nuts and bolts.

Advice much appreciated.

Ta
    Wolfie

No
    I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

have you tried the dummies guide.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves
        Sorry to be a bore but can one of you Java experts recommend a good J2EE book suitable for someone who is a C++/multithreading/Design Patterns expert already? i.e. doesn't blather on too much about how to write OO but gets down to the nuts and bolts.

Advice much appreciated.

Ta
        Wolfie
        Leave all your multithreading expertise at the door; J2EE is single threaded.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

.net to the way foward............chching.......
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
          X