• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brook Street - Lowering Standards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I told them

I've already rung Brook Street to lodge my complaint about their noddy adverts for pro contractor roles paying such ludicrously low rates. They said they were looking into it and that the rates quoted were the minimum they were going to pay. I think they're talking tosh.

Brook Street are a temp agency used to dealing with low grade temps and have no place in advertising on boards designated for professional contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog22
      I was talking to a charming foreign lady in the bar last night. She works in IT too. What she really liked about the UK was how easy it had been to get a job in IT. I doubt I'd have such ease getting a job in her homeland. Maybe she's on £19 an hour - but I doubt it. That kind-of skews the supply and demand theory, don't you think?
      Au contraire my esteemed Hedgehog, you see there are very few attractive charming foreign ladies in the UK IT sector, so shes is short supply and demand is high.

Its a fact of life ,and research has proven that attractive people get better salaries and are less out of work than their unattractive counterparts.

So imagine you are an IT mananer and hiring for a role, do you select the pretty lady or the some dull boring bloke ?

For men especailly taller men tend to secure more management positions, and having a full head of hair counts for senior management positions especially in the USA.

Now ... where did I put me toupee ???
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 20 October 2005, 12:38.

Comment

"Better watch out Joe , perhaps Brussels aint big enough for the both of us."

Alfie, I gotta business to run. I gotta kick asses sometimes to make it run right. We have a little argument so what.

I'll make you an offer, half for me, half for you...

Comment

Just got a call from a temp agency. Told him my hourly expectation. He got off the phone pretty quick.

Why yes, I'd love to do some data entry for £6 p/h. When can I start???
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
          X