• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP's fears of expenses 'suicide'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    I see the the posthumous expense claim now.

Wickes: 12ft length nylon cord : £7-99
    Don't be daft.........

Aspreys: 12ft length platinium chain : £9,999
    Harrods: Hand Woven Silk Blindfold : £ 999
    Wicks: Assorted Scaffold poles & boards : £ 4,999
    John Lewis: Digital Video Recorder : £3999, 52" Plasma Screen : £6700

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      Don't be daft.........

Aspreys: 12ft length platinium chain : £9,999
      Harrods: Hand Woven Silk Blindfold : £ 999
      Wicks: Assorted Scaffold poles & boards : £ 4,999
      John Lewis: Digital Video Recorder : £3999, 52" Plasma Screen : £6700
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
        I see the the posthumous expense claim now.

Wickes: 12ft length nylon cord : £7-99
        I really shouldn't, but...

Comment

Haircut

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing voluntary service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door...

Later, a policeman comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing voluntary service this week.' The policeman is happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later that day, a college lecturer comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The lecturer is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen different books, such as 'How to Improve Your Business' and 'Becoming More Successful.'

Then, a Member of Parliament comes in for a haircut , and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Member of Parliament is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Members of Parliament lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the Members of Parliament
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

That Nadine Dorres is as thick as mince - did you see her on Question Time the other week? She should join DENSA

Comment

Didn't I hear somewhere that they're employing a councellor for those MP's that are suffering stress over the whole thing?

A hangman would be preferable?
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Futurama style suicide booth behind the Speakers chair?

I'd be happy to design, build and operate it for them at no cost to the public purse (apart from expenses obviously). I'm sure I could find a few million substitutes to stand in for when I'm too busy to operate it.

Comment

Let them die....cheating robbing.....
                  Signatures.....what's the point?

Comment

Strange how in Japan, falling on one's sword is considered an "honourable" act.

Fat chance of our MP's following suit then.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Much as I abhor the behavior of MPs, of all stripes, I really hope none of then feel they need to actually commit suicide over this bloody expenses mess.

I've known someone who committed suicide, and the guilt of it lingers with all of his family, friends, and colleges. If we could have said the right words at the right time to him, then perhaps it wouldn't have happened.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X