• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jacqui Smith to resign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I hope Gordon hangs on in there. We won't see a Chancellor and PM of his calibre again in our lifetimes.

... and I really do hope that we don't. It takes massive caliber to fck up every single thing he touches..... pensions, debt, bank regulation, gold, tax relief on MP's expenses, 65th D-Day celebrations. Oh, the caliber of this man !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      If

Instead of La Thatch leaving with something-approaching-dignity.
      Best laugh I've had all day. And lool what she left us with - a sleazy lame duck government that put up taxes even more than her and left a deficit for the incoming one. Hmm thinking about it, the parallels are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Best laugh I've had all day. And lool what she left us with - a sleazy lame duck government that put up taxes even more than her and left a deficit for the incoming one. Hmm thinking about it, the parallels are there.
        Not often I agree with the Cyberman, but check the post above yours.

Explain to me - exactly - how much benefit the UK has seen under the NuLieBore experiment?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          ... and I really do hope that we don't. It takes massive caliber to fck up every single thing he touches..... pensions, debt, bank regulation, gold, tax relief on MP's expenses, 65th D-Day celebrations. Oh, the caliber of this man !!!
          Tell me about how he fcked up the 65th D-Day celebrations?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Tell me about how he fcked up the 65th D-Day celebrations?
            HMtQ not being invited, it being a Franco/Yank gig?

So much so that President Obama is trying to wangle an invitation for Her Maj - something that GB was unable to do?

If anyone has the right to be there it'd be Her Majesty - given that, of all of the heads of state there, she was the only one who had any service at all (ATS) during WW2.

Comment

If

Instead of La Thatch leaving with something-approaching-dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Repetition is a sign of madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  TFFT
                  Thankyou Google!!!

TFFT Tactical Fire Fighting Truck
                  TFFT The Flying Fish Theatre
                  TFFT Turns From Finger Tight
                  TFFT Thank Freak For That
                  TFFT Time-based Fast Fourier Transform

I'm sure Home Secretary is a tough position, but Jacqui Smith really hasn't done a sterling job.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Comment

HMtQ not being invited, it being a Franco/Yank gig?

So much so that President Obama is trying to wangle an invitation for Her Maj - something that GB was unable to do?

If anyone has the right to be there it'd be Her Majesty - given that, of all of the heads of state there, she was the only one who had any service at all (ATS) during WW2.
                    I asked how he fcked it up.

You have told me about

HMtQ not being invited,
                    it being a Franco/Yank gig?
                    President Obama trying
                    etc etc.
                    and might have mentioned Sarko and the French, who have an excellent claim to have fcked it up.

Oh what the hell, let's just blame Gordo for everything. YMMV, truth and logic are optional extras.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      Thankyou Google!!!

TFFT Tactical Fire Fighting Truck
                      TFFT The Flying Fish Theatre
                      TFFT Turns From Finger Tight
                      TFFT Thank Freak For That
                      TFFT Time-based Fast Fourier Transform

I'm sure Home Secretary is a tough position, but Jacqui Smith really hasn't done a sterling job.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
                      and take the rest of them with you!

Comment

Working...
                      X